User talk:Barnacle Ed
From D&D Wiki
 Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello Barnacle Ed and welcome to D&D Wiki. I hope you have been enjoying this site, and I hope you have been finding the information here on D&D Wiki useful. I am an admin (and, actually, the owner as well) here on D&D Wiki along with a couple other people who make up "The Face" of D&D Wiki. An entire list of admins can be found here.
If you have any question about D&D Wiki, D&D, formatting on D&D Wiki, what day today is, what our purpose here on earth is, or whatever, an admin will, many times, give the best answer. Please feel free to ask any admin any question (ask me a question!).
Formatting on D&D Wiki (or any wiki for that matter) can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain the basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Again, if you have any questions about formatting on D&D Wiki please ask them as, I imagine, anybody will be more than happy to help you get them answered.
A strong and welcoming community exists on D&D Wiki, and I am sure you will find it rather nice. Most discussions take place on content talk pages, however please feel free to walk into The Tavern (our local chat room) and talk to some fellow D&D Wikians. Anyway, on D&D Wiki, possibly since discussions are never deleted, people try to be nice. This means please follow Wikipedia's guidlines on Civility and Etiquette when discussing anything. And, if an argument does arise, please use Wikipedia's Dispute Resolution to make sure everyone comes out happy. Also, on a pretty different note, to ensure people know who posted what, please sign your name after a post with four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon. This will automatically produce your name and the date (by the way, it's kinda a pet peeve of mine when people don't sign posts... arrg...). Anyway, I hope you come to love the close-knit D&D Wiki community and welcome again, you are now a D&D Wikian. --Green Dragon 23:40, 10 February 2008 (MST)
- Man, SWG used to be so awesome! I played it for like three years. Creature handler/scout/marksmen characters. Also, your video game choices are great - elder scrolls franchise is good stuff. Also <3 metal. Notsomuch black metal, mostly power metal. Do you consider Arch Enemy black metal? Anyways, welcome to the wiki. --Othtim 19:24, 17 February 2008 (MST)
 Venom Sting
- Response moved from User talk:Hawk#Venom Sting and Related Things As it pertained to this discussion. --Green Dragon 13:53, 4 March 2008 (MST)
Hi there I noticed you removed the content from Venom Sting and made a new page at Venom Sting (DnD Spell). It is actually possible to move a page rather than do it the hard way, if you look at the top of the page there is a tab called move if you click that you can move the page to a new location (the old page will be erased and replaced with a redirect to the new one). I have also removed the |isnotuser tag from your contributions so people can now click your name in the author box on the left of your pages which will bring them to your user page I hope you don't mind. --Hawk 21:38, 3 March 2008 (MST)
- Hi, First of all, thanks for fixing up the |isnotuser thing. I'm still a bit new to the while wiki format and don't always get things on the first try, as you've probably figured out...
- I realized that I could have just moved the page right after I deleted it and instead created a new page (Venom Sting (DnD Spell)). Whoops...I did add the blank version to the pages to be deleted though and I'll be more careful about this whole thing in the future.
- Thanks again! --Barnacle Ed 21:42, 3 March 2008 (MST)
- Your very welcome, the move thing isn't a big deal it's all easily fixed by an admin like Green Dragon etc (they can just delete the old page as you would know) I just mentioned it in case you didn't know When I first came here not that long ago I assumed only admins could move pages I didn't notice the tab at the top lol Green Dragon set me straight lol. --Hawk 21:47, 3 March 2008 (MST)