From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL|
Jungle gnomes live in and along the mighty rivers that wind through the jungles. A gnome jungle town is often a collection of boats tied together across a river, with channels to allow passing vessels through (after they pay a toll, of course). Jungle gnomes are also seen traveling the rivers, trading what they can find to those they meet along the way.
Racial Traits: Jungle gnomes have the following racial traits.
- +2 Constitution, –2 Strength.
- Humanoid (Gnome).
- Small: As a Small creature, a jungle gnome gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Jungle gnome base land speed is 20 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A jungle gnome can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Familiarity: Jungle gnomes may treat gnome hooked hammers as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions.
- Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against illusion spells cast by jungle gnomes. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against goblinoids.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Climb and Swim checks: Jungle gnomes live their lives clambering in and out of boats, and in and out of the water.
- +2 racial bonus on Craft (shipbuilding) checks: A little lumber and a few simple tools make for a happy and industrious jungle gnome.
- +2 racial bonus on Use Rope checks: Jungle gnomes consider rope the most useful tool on their boats.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Gnome. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, and Orc. In addition, a jungle gnome can speak with a burrowing mammal (a badger, fox, rabbit, or the like, see below). This ability is innate to jungle gnomes. See the speak with animals spell description.
- Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day—speak with animals (burrowing mammal only, duration 1 minute). A jungle gnome with a Charisma score of at least 10 also has the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation. Caster level 1st; save DC 10 + jungle gnome’s Cha modifier + spell level.
- Favored Class: Bard. A multiclass jungle gnome’s bard class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.
- Level Adjustment: +0.