From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL|
The arctic is a harsh place for the chosen people of orc gods. Many tribes of arctic orcs eke out a living on the warm slopes of volcanic mountains, herding elk and caribou. Often their mutual dependence on sources of fresh water and meat brings them into contact with arctic-dwelling human barbarians. The resulting offspring are sometimes welcome in places where full orcs are not, valued for their tenacity, courage, and combat prowess.
Racial Traits: Arctic half-orcs have the following racial traits.
- +2 Strength, –2 Intelligence, –2 Charisma.
An arctic half-orc’s starting Intelligence score is always at least 3. If this adjustment would lower the character’s score to 1 or 2, his score is nevertheless 3.
- Humanoid (Orc).
- Medium: As Medium creatures, arctic half-orcs have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Arctic half-orc base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: An arctic half-orc can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Orc Blood: For all effects related to race, an arctic half-orc is considered an orc.
- Cold Endurance: Arctic half-orcs have a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves made to resist the effects of cold weather or exposure.
- +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy checks: Arctic half-orcs often serve as emissaries for the arctic orc tribes that spawned them.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Orc. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, and Abyssal.
- Favored Class: Barbarian. A multiclass arctic half-orc’s barbarian class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.
- Level Adjustment: +0.