From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL|
The arctic landscape is dotted here and there with permanent fog banks caused by subterranean heat interacting with snow and ice or warm springs steaming in the freezing air. Hidden in these oasis of warmth are the ancient settlements of the elves.
Racial Traits: Arctic elves have the following racial traits.
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Strength: Arctic elves look down on physical exertion, preferring quick action when necessary.
- Humanoid (Elf).
- Medium: As Medium creatures, arctic elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Arctic elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-Light Vision: An arctic elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Proficiency: Arctic elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
- Cold Endurance: Arctic elves have a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves made to resist the effects of cold weather or exposure.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, and Spot checks.
- +2 racial bonus on any one Craft skill (chosen by the character at the time of creation).
- +2 racial bonus on Survival checks made in arctic environments: Arctic elves are naturally adept at staying alive in the harsh conditions of their homeland.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Wizard. A multiclass arctic elf’s wizard class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: +0.