Turtlekin (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Turtlekin are slow going and mellow, they are quite friendly and trusting.
Turtlekin are like turtles who stand on two hind legs, have fingers and thumbs under the tip of their front flipper like arms, and are around the same height as humans, they are slightly heavier than average humans.
Turtlekin are not hostile with any race but are not allies with any either, they are friendly but few know the race exists, how ever, they often befriend travelers they meet.
Turtlekin are always lawful and usually good.
Turtlekin live in villages inside grottos most of the time, but some live on the beach as hermits. Their capital city is called Grandur and is inside a grotto like most villages.
Turtlekin believe that when one dies, they become coral in a large coral reef called Kernuul near Grandur and that once part of Kernuul you can bless your people with healing powers.
Turtlekin speak Turtlaragian, their native tongue, and common. They can also learn under common
Turtlekin have names that are one adjective and one noun, they can change their names when their physical appearance changes, for example, if one breaks their lower jaw they could rename themselves to Brokenjaw
- +2 Wis +2 Int +2 Cha -4 Dex. Turtlekin are wise and intelligent as well as trustworthy allies, but lack speed.:
- Humanoid (Aquatic) Turtlekin are like human like turtles and lives in grottos with with large amounts of water in them and feel homesick without water.:
- Medium: No size bonuses
- Turtlekin base land speed is 20 feet: in base aquatic speed is 50 feet
- Shell Block : uses a turn to decrease damage taken by 10 until it is the users turn again. Can only use once per room.
- Shell Slam: The user slams into an enemy dealing 1-8 damage, roll a D8 to see how much damage is done. Can only use once every ten minutes.
- Automatic Languages:Turtlaragian and Common. Bonus Languages: Under Common.
- Favored Class: Cleric.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|140 years||240 years||400 years||600 years|