Tribalists (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Tribalists take on jobs like humans, and what they do on a normal day totally depends on their personal situation.
Tribalists are creatures that look like humans, but they have black marks all over their skin. They can change the form of these tattoo-like signs as they wish, although they cannot make them disappear, the value of marked skin always stays the same. A tribalist can change his appearance to any humanoid form, when he does so the black markings cover its whole skin first, the form changes and the marks disappear. The marks are back when the tribalist changes back to its original form.
Tribalists are usually accepted, but there are certain groups that dislike them. This is usually because of the association with doppelgangers, although it is not known if tribalists are in any way related to doppelgangers. Ironically, Doppelgangers have a dislike for tribalists. Offcourse, a tribalist could pretend to be from another race and be treated as such.
There are lawful tribalists as well as chaotic, but they usually tend to be good.
Tribalists live everywhere, from wild forests to urban cities.
Tribalists have no own deities, they can worship any deity depending in personal situation.
Tribalists speak common and any languages they may have learned. There is no special tribalist language.
A tribalists name depends on the culture he was born in, but all tribalists share a dislike for soft-sounding names.
- +2 Intelligence: Tribalists are slightly more smart than the average human.
- Humanoid (Shapechanger)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, tribalists have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Tribalist base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Tribalists can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight.
- Alter Self (Sp): A tribalist can change his appearance like the alter self spell as if he were a third level bard exept he cannot change into a Large humanoid.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome.
- Favored Class: Wizard.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|38 years||58 years||80 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 20"||+2d10||130 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 10"||+2d10||80 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|