Trïefen (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
UNeeds more description, vital stats, slight wording; Issues with carrying and other mechanics to be thought out}}
Trïefen are generally reclusive, preferring to live with others of their kind deep in caves or in brackish waters. Every so often, however, a Trïefen will leave the safety of their nests and live among other races. Because they cannot communicate verbally it is hard for them to form bonds with people of other races, but when they do they are fiercely protective and loyal. They also tend to be a oddly playful and sarcastic with close friends, using what limited emotive ability they have to great effect.
Trïefen are large, grayish ooze's, although blues, greens, and reds are not uncommon. They have become intelligent via the use of magic: their sentience is tied to a six inch black skull that floats in their interior. They have a small extra-dimensional space in the skull to put items, and they can squeeze through any area that the skull fits through. Their carrying capacity is determined by the space.
Hated by most races. Trïefen have been known to purchase a suit of acid resistant armour and ooze into it to pass off as... well, as a Not-an-Ooze.
Usually True Neutral.
Trïefen cannot speak, but they can understand common.
named by companions. don't care enough to make their own.
- +6 Constitution, +2 Strength, − 6 Charisma, − 4 Intelligence, − 2 Dexterity
- Trïefen base land speed is 15 feet: 10 climb
- Racial Hit Dice: A Trïefen begins with four levels of Ooze, which provide 4d10 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +3, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +1, Ref +1, and Will +1.
- Racial Skills: A Trïefen’s Ooze levels give it skill points equal to 7 × (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Climb, Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Move Silently, Swim.
- Racial Feats: A Trïefen’s Ooze levels give it two feats.
- Blindsight (Ex): Trïefen can sense all foes within 60 feet as a sighted creature would. Beyond that range, they treat all targets as having total concealment. Every 5% of Arcane Spell Failure Chance received from armor reduces the Trïefen's Blindsight radius by 5ft.
- Trïefen are immune to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
- Mute: Trïefen cannot speak.
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning.
- Not subject to flanking, and take half of any bonus damage from critical hits.
- Acid (Ex): A Trïefen secretes a digestive acid that dissolves only flesh. Any melee hit or constrict attack deals acid damage.
- Constrict (Ex): A Trïefen deals automatic unarmed and acid damage with a successful grapple check. This ability may only be used if the Trïefen is wearing light or no armor.
- Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a Trïefen must hit with its unarmed attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict. This ability may not be used if the Trïefen is wearing heavy armor.
- +4 racial bonus to Hide checks. In aquatic environments the Trïefen also receives a +12 circumstance bonus to Hide checks.
- +25 circumstance bonus to Escape Artist checks to escape bindings, and a Trïefen may always take 20 on such checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races[[Category:<!-race's type-> Type]] [[Category:<!-race's subtype; or remove line-> Subtype]] [[Category:<!-race's size-> Size]] [[Category:LA<!-#->]] [[Category:ECL<!-#->]]