Toymaker (3.5e Feat)
From D&D Wiki
 Toymaker [Item Creation]
You are adept at creating minor wondrous items
You may imbue an item weighing no more than 1 pound with a prestidigitation effect. It takes approximately 20 minutes to make one of these items. There is a cost of 20xp and the value of the item to be enchanted. Items made with this feat are not capable of inflicting damage or granting bonuses of any type. There is no magical backlash if one of these items are broken. On high magic worlds there are probably millions of these minor items about, either being used as toys or useful household articles. Items created by this feat are scarcer on lower magic worlds.
Wizards may select this feat as their first-level bonus feat instead of Scribe Scroll.
Most of these items cost anywhere from 10 to 100 gp each (more for sets), this is due to the fact that these items are not made with high end material components, i.e. the Magic Mortar and Pestle is simply a normal mortal and pestle that has been enchanted as opposed to a mortar and pestle carved from dragon bone.
 Sample Items
Here are some examples of common items:
- Apprentice's candle: The flame of this small candle burns perfectly, unaffected by air movement or wind and can only be moved or snuffed out by magic or a specific command word. The candle flame can not only be moved around by applying magic, but the color of the flame changes in relation to the school of magic used to do so making the candle a perfect tool to train young magic user's in the basic control needed to use cantrips.
- Automatic Whetstone: This small whetstone, when touched to a dull edge and let go, starts sharpening it automatically.
- Beauty Soap: This bar of high quality soap is enchanted to remove all body hair below the neck, clean the pores of the skin, and make the skin feel smooth and soft. Used over an extended period this soap can make scars seem to dissapear by slowly repairing the skin though the effect does not extend to removing scar tissue in the muscles.
- Box of Tin Soldiers (Attacker): These small tin soldiers stand about four inches tall and are painted with a blue coat. They come in boxes of five soldiers. On command, they can be set to march forward. If one is knocked over, it will cease to function until commanded again. Whenever a red-coated Tin Soldier is within 1 foot of them, they will fire small lead pellets at it to knock it over.
- Box of Tin Soldiers (Defender): These small tin soldiers stand about four inches tall and are painted with a red coat. They come in boxes of five soldiers. On command, they can be set to patrol an area up to 1 foot square (such as the perimeter of a toy fort). If one is knocked over, it will cease to function until commanded again. Whenever a blue-coated Tin Soldier is within 1 foot of their patrolled area, they will fire small lead pellets at it to knock it over.
- Cleaning Rag: This small patch of rag has been imbued with the power to clean surfaces of dust and light debris on its own. The owner simply says “Clean” and then the name of the object and the rag starts to clean until the item is free of dust and debris.
- Comb of Style: When brushed through the users hair it automatically arranges the hair into a hairstyle designated at the time of the comb's creation.
- Cooling Glass: This glass cools a liquid placed in it a bit below room temperature, and keeps chilled liquids placed in it cooler longer.
- Creepy Doll: This doll's eyes appear to gather the light towards them giving them a disturbing appearance, and when the room is darkened the head will turn to face the nearest living creature within 20 ft that has line of sight to the doll. If the doll is put away inside a box or a bag the doll may move just enough to get out and sit upright in plain sight, but it will only do so if it is not being watched.
- Flirtatious Mirror: When a creature looks at their reflection in this mirror, the reflection will move on it's own and act in a flirtatious manner, fluttering it's eyelashes,winking, and blowing kisses.
- Hairpin of the Majestic Stance: As long as this hairpin is in your hair, you may will it to cause your hair to wave as if blown in a breeze.
- Hairpin of Perfection: As long as the hairpin is in your hair, all dirt is cleaned out automatically and your hairdo will withstand even hail and storms.
- House Helper: These statuettes, which are no larger than the Average nutcracker (about a foot tall) Can be commanded to do one Complex Task, Such as Rearrange A bookshelf Alphabetically Or up to three Simple tasks, Such as Bring out/put away dishes. Created in sets of three, They will do their Tasks until broken or ordered otherwise. more than one can be designated to do the same task, they will work cooperatively to finish the task.
- Indecisive Coin: When thrown, this coin always lands on the edge.
- Insect Hunter: This small metal casting of a wasp will, on command, starting hunting any normal insects that are within the bounds of a single building. This item is incapable of hurting anything other than the bugs it is hunting.
- Kamasutra Dolls: This set of a male and female doll show certain positions on command, none of them safe to be seen by minors.
- Lighter: it can be a simple item like a (very) short wand or staff with some decoration marking up, so that you know on which side the flame comes out. It can be word activated or a trigger in the wand or staff. It produces a fire like ”Firefinger” (see Tome and Blood page 80). High end variations of this item are made from gold, silver, or other precious metals and decorated with gems and carvings.
- Magic Inkpen: a wooden or metal pen that can be refilled simply by shaking it. The ink will vanish after a certain number of hours has past since activating the pen (depends on level of caster and knowledge of the spell Prestidigitation). Different colors are possible, more than one color in one pen is also possible, but requires different actions to activate the right color. Ideal if you have kids.... The multiple color pen cost and time spent in creation is dependent on the number of available colors and will include the cost for the cleaning/removing of the remaining ink.
- Magic Mortar and Pestle: This mortar and pestle set is self grinding and can grind anything that an average human could grind.
- Magic Spice Granting (MSG) Frying Pan: This frying pan will bestow delicious tastes on any food cooked with lots of oil at a high heat in it. Some people are allergic to the magic spice it provides and can have a range of effects from small headaches to severe reactions such as their throat closing.
- Music Box: This small simple looking box can be used to contain keepsakes. When exposed to music the box can be commanded to record the song. The box can only hold one song and can replay the song whenever commanded. Note: the song is not magical in nature and cannot replicate any bard abilities - although the song played can be replicated.
- Seagull: This small wood carving of a seagull has been enchanted with the ability to fly. It will follow the mental commands of the owner and has a range of 100ft.
- Shaving Razor: This wickedly sharp razor is the perfect gift for someone who dislikes having hair. When released near a creature with hair and commanded to 'shave', it whips through the air like a deranged maniac and cuts away all exposed hair in a matter of seconds leaving behind smooth skin without harming the affected creature in the least.
- Stirring Stick: A small glass rod 4”-12” long that, when placed in a container of liquid, will stir until it is taken out.
- Trick Cards: This deck of animated playing cards performs a number of tricks on command, such as shuffling, handing itself out to players, or displaying a certain card. Usually, there are a few special tricks only known to the creator.
- Warming Mug: This mug warms a liquid placed in it a bit above room temperature, and keeps heated liquids placed in it hotter longer.