Tortons (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Tortons are pretty much calm and kind and willing to help someone in need.
 Physical Description
Tortons are about 4 feet tall about 200 lbs. They look like turtles. A torton has no hair. A torton's skin color can vary from grayish browns to light greens, and even different shades of black with unique markings on all the colors of skin. Their eyes are usually brown or green. Tortons have turtle shells that are different depending on what family the torton is from.
Tortons can get along well with all races as long as they don't hurt their friends, family, or are a perversion of nature (like undead or aberrations).
Tortons are usually good and don't seem to prefer taking a side on the law and chaos axis.
They are usually found near large bodies of water like lakes, rivers, seas, etc. there are tortons that live in the most dry and hot places of the world though.
Most tortons don't usually worship a deity, they chose to revere nature. The tortons that choose to pick a deity usually pick a nature deity like Ehlonna or Obad-Hai.
Tortons speak Draconic and Common. The ones who learn other languages can learn Aquan, Giant, Goblin, and Terran.
A torton's parents pick a name for their child. The names of tortons vary as much as a human names do.
 Racial Traits
- −2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, −2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom: Tortons are sturdy and serene but are a little slow and tend to be simple creatures.
- Humanoid (Reptilian)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, tortons have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Darkvision: Torntons can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and hill dwarves can function just fine with no light at all.
- Torton base land speed is 20 feet. However, tortons can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
- Tortons have a swim speed of 30 feet. Tortons can move through water without making Swim checks. It has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. A torton can always can choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. A torton can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
- Tortons natural armor increases by +1 at 5HD and by another 1 every 5 after to a maximum of +4. So a torton of 20th level would have a natural armor bonus of +4, 15th levle would have +3, 10th +2, and 5th +1.
- Tortons gain Endurance as a bonus feat.
- +2 on Concentration and Survival skill checks.
- Hold Breath (Ex): A torton can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to 4 x its Constitution score before it risks drowning.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Draconic and a simple language (Turtlespeak) that enables them to communicate on a very basic level with turtles. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Giant, Goblin, and Terran.
- Favored Class: Shaman.
- Level Adjustment: +0
 Variant Racial Traits
A torton variant uses the following racial ability score adjustments.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|175 years||300 years||450 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 6"||+1d6||180 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||3' 4"||+1d6||150 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|