Toads (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The small mushroom people known as the toads live across the Mushroom Kingdom. The capital of the kingdom is itself named Toad Town. Many toads distrust Koopas for their iconic role as Bowser's foot soldiers.
Toads have different personalities based on the color of their mushroom cap's spots. Common colors include red, light green, and blue.
- Red Spots: Cowardly and subservient. Most common coloration.
- Light Green Spots: Shy and always happy to talk to people. Second most common coloration.
- Blue Spots: The smallest of toads have this coloration. It is common among scholarly types.
- Orange Spots: Very Brave. Rare, most toads would rather hide than fight.
- Yellow Spots: Loves to tell jokes. They try to make jokes even in the most inappropriate of times.
- Pink Spots: Very Intelligent. They are very rare, and only a few have ever been seen on the whole Mushroom Planet.
- Purple Spots: Bittersweet. They are rare.
- Brown Spots: Many toad's spots become browner as they grow older. Toadsworth, steward of the Mushroom Kingdom is the most famous of toads with this coloration of spots.
 Physical Description
Toads are usually about four feet tall and weigh around 70 lbs. when full grown. They have large mushroom caps atop their heads. Hair seems to grow from under some of them, this trait is usually found in females of the toad species.
Toads distrust most koopas and goombas. The toads of Rogueport are used to koopas and the like and so don't hold the grudge of other toads throughout the kingdom. Toads have good relations with the Beanish of the nearby Beanbean Kingdom.
Toads alignment is usually neutral good. Some become neutral evil, lawful good, and even lawful evil.
Toads are most comfortable within temperate woodlands and plains.
Toads worship the stars. The Shooting Star Summit is a divine place where it is said the Star Road to the ancient Star Haven begins.
Toads speak Common and Toad. They usually learn other languages as well.
Toads have diverse names. Most of the toad people have last names starting with a T, so a name like Tayce would be Tayce T.
Male names:Fice, Gaz, Harry, Heff, Plenn
Female names:Chanterelle, Jolene, Minh, Tayce, Vanna
 Racial Traits
- +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength. Frail but smart, toads don't make for good warriors.
- Humanoid (Toad). The Toad subtype gives no special bonuses.
- Spot Bonous: Depending on the color of the spots a toad gains a special bonus. (Select one color at character creation) Red: none, Light Green: +3 Charisma, Blue: +2 Intelligence, Tiny size replaces Small, Orange: +8 Strength,-2 Intelligence, Yellow: +3 Dextarity, -1 Charisma, Pink: +4 Wisdom, +1 Intelligence, -2 Strength, Purple: +4 Constitution. Once you reach Lv. 19 you spots become Brown and you still retain your spot bonus.
- Toad can aid other characters in there jump checks with a swift action. In order for this to work characters must jump from the square that toad resides in. Doing this causes 1d3 points of subdual damage to toad, but grants a +4 jump bonus to the jumper.
- Small: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 those of Medium characters.
- A toad's base land speed is 20 ft.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Toad. Bonus Languages: Koopa, Goomba, Subconian, Beanish,and Delfino
- Favored Class: Commoner.
- Level Adjustment: +0
Starting age: 15 - Simple: +1d6 - Moderate: +2d6 - Advance: +3d6
Base Wight- Male - 70 lbs. - +2d6 - 4 ft. - hight never changes
- Female - 70 lbs. - +1d6- 4 ft. - hight never changes