Tisvelk (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Tisvelks have developed a natural love for land and life over time, though they have been known to be extremely destructive when angered. It has been said it is ill advised to anger a tisvelk, for many of them will have their entire family backing them.
Tisvelk are very slim built and have fair skin, they stand about 5’ to 5’1/2” tall, typically weighing about 110 to 140 pounds. The males and females grown to approximately the same size. tisvelk have Metallic colored hair and skin representative of the type of Metallic dragon they were bred from, on occasion the tisvelk may have a different color hair and skin representing the blood of a Chromatic dragon. Their skin is only the lightest shade of whatever color their draconic ancestor was. Tisvelk have only 2 eye colors Blue, and green this coming from the elvish side of the blood. tisvelk males grow small beards generally in the pattern the "beard" of the dragon they take after would grow in. tisvelk prefer tight fitting flexible cloths as to not hinder their movements, they prefer plain cloths generally in colors of black, grey, or dull greens and browns, but despite their plain taste in clothing they collect fanciful pieces of jewelry whenever they are capable. Many other races, including elves, find tisvelk to be of extreme beauty and grace. The tisvelk reach adulthood at approximately the age of 17 at which point they no longer age until their deaths, most tisvelk live to approximately 700 years of age though some have been known to live as long as 950 years this is extremely rare (Tisvelk retain their vigor throughout the years and therefore do not receive the negatives from old age. Unlike elves tisvelk must sleep though they need only do so for four hours at any given time to be considered fully rested.
Many tisvelk have learned to grow and respect the races that their ancestors hated, though some still hold a grudge against the races that are pure bred but they are rather far and few between. Tisvelk have an espcially close relation with half-elves and half dragons.
It varies greatly between the different of tisvelks, some of them are hate filled for their former enslavement, while others are taught to embrace the lands and people around them.
Tisvelk do not have any particular place to call home, though many do exist on the Material planes. They tend to find comfort on open plains more then anywhere.
Tisvelk Often worship common elvish deities. Some however worship Weejas who is said to have freed the tisvelk from their enslavement.
Over the years Tisvelk have learned to speak most every language that the people of the material planes speak out of need for communications. However their native tongues are draconic and elvish.
Tisvelk are often named after moments when the child is still young, such as Hearth Burn. Tisvelk last names range wildly depending on the area the family settled down in.
- +2 Strength, -2 Constitution: Tisvelk have dense muscle structure due to their draconic nature, however their elvish blood makes them frailer and more susceptible to damage and sickness.
- Medium size. a tisvelk is treated as a medium creature, tisvelk have no special bonuses or negatives due to their size.
- Humanoid Dragon, (Elf): Tisvelk are a race bred of magic, a mix between elves and dragons.
- Tisvelk base land speed is 40ft feet.
- Lowlight vision.
- Dark vision out to 60 ft.
- Racial Hit Dice: Tisvelk begin with one level of Humanoid and one level of Dragon, giving them 2d10 Racial Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and saving throw bonuses of +2 Fort, +2 Reflex, +4 Will, and
- Racial Skills: A tisvelk's humanoid and dragon levels give it skill points equal to 2 x (8 + Int modifier, minimum 1; x4 on first level). Tisvelk have a +2 bonus on Listen, Spot, and Search. And like their Elvish ancestors, they have a 6th sense for magical portals allowing them to make a search check if they pass within 5 feet of any hidden door as if they were actively searching.
- +2 to racial saving throw bonus against sleeping spells and enchantment spells or abilities.
- Racial Feats: Tisvelk racial levels give them two feats.
- Magic Bonds (Su): Tisvelk have a strong magic that keeps them bound to their form making them what they are.
1: A tisvelk can mate within its own direct family, but the effects of inbreeding do not effect them, though incest is harshly looked down upon.
2: A tisvelk can mate with any creature and the result will always be a tisvelk with no sign of its second parents lineage, unless the second parent is and elf, dragon, or tisvelk from another family, which alters the magic in the tisvelk resulting into a hybrid child receiving the best of both and the negatives of its parents.
3: A tisvelk gains a +5 against any shape change effects that are against their will.
- Magic Beacon (Su): Tisvelk have the flaw of emitting a magic scent that only dragons can smell. Over the years, however, they have learned to mask this when awake, allowing them to blend more evenly into society. If a dragon is within 10 miles of a sleeping or unconscious tisvelk or 1,000 feet of an awake tisvelk, the dragon is able to smell this and know the tisvelk’s exact location. This often leads to the Metallic dragons coming to investigate the tisvelk, so long as they are capable without interfering with a greater matter, and the Chromatic dragons coming for a free meal or some gold.
- Automatic Languages: Tisvelk, Draconic, Elvish. Bonus Languages: Common, Dwarvish, Halfling, Gnomish, Goblin, Orc, Gnoll, Giant.
- Favored Class: Any. Unlike their close relative, the Elf, tisvelk take after the idea of the humans or half-elves and strive to become proficient in whatever endeavor they can, Also they never shy away from learning new things.
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|120 years||350 years||500 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5'0"||+1d6||110 lb.||x (1d6) lb.|
|Female||5'0"||+1d6||110 lb.||x (1d6) lb.|