Time Lord (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Time Lords have a variety of personalities. Many Time Lords share an arrogant personality trait, even good aligned Time Lords. Time Lords have as many different personalities as humans do.
Time Lords appear human, except for the fact that all Time Lords always have two hearts instead of one.
Time Lords have a varying opinion on other races. Many Time Lords see other races as destructive forces, others see them as beautiful creatures. Many Time Lords try their best not to interfere with other creature's problems, but a select few attempt to better, or worsen, their lives.
One of the major institutions of the Time Lords was the Time Lord Academy. It was split up into Gallifreyan Chapters, each of which was identified by its distinctive colors. The subjects at the academy ranged from the study of Cosmic Science to Veteran and Vintage Vehicles to Gallifreyan flutterwings
Children began instruction at the Time Lord Academy, at the age of 8, in a special ceremony. The Gallifreyans would be forced to look into the Untempered Schism, which showed the entirety of the Time Vortex and the power that the Time Lords had. The Gallifreyans subjected to its terrifying effects would react differently. They would then spend "centuries" studying at the Academy.
Time Lords took a variety of classes at the Time Lord Academy of which one was recreational mathematics, which included the study of numbers.
Time Lords can be of any alignment. Their government is corrupt, and many Time Lords involved in politics tend to be some sort of evil.
Gallifrey and/or The Material Plane
Usually Agnostic. Time Lords know how the world was created and believe in time and science. They understand that "Gods" exist, but they do not worship any, preferring to think of them as fantastic people.
Time Lords always hide their true name, it's tradition to only tell it to your life-long companion. When a Time Lord gets married they tell each other their names. Time Lords always have a single type of "Alias" that they go by. Known ones include The Doctor, The Master, The Serpent, The Corsair, and The Alchemist.
- Abilities: +6 Int, +2 Wis, +2 Con, +2 Dex, +2 Cha The time-lords' two hearts keep blood pumping to the brain for faster processing and throughout the durable body built for withstanding the ravages of time. However, their racial arrogance means they are usually set in their ways, making them unable to listen to reason, especially when angry.
- Type: Humanoid
- Size: Medium
- Speed: 35ft. Time Lords tend to be faster than other humanoids, because of their two hearts.
- Eternal: Time Lords enter maturity around the same time a human would but live Infinitely longer. Time Lords can naturally Regenerate (see below) twelve times, but this is still as painful and as terrifying as dying. Rarely, a Time Lord can barter with the higher powers of Gallifrey and receive an additional twelve Regenerations.
- Mind Meld: When a Time Lord and a helpless or willing individual press their heads together, a connection is made. The Time Lord can then try and see anything from bits of knowledge to pieces of memories of the other creature. The Will DC (15+wis + spellcaster Level) allows the other creature to force out the Time Lord for 24 hours, or if he beats the DC by 20 or more, the creature can look into the Time Lord's mind at the same time.
- Regenerate: when a time lord dies he if affected as if by "Reincarnate", however he always reincarnates into another Time Lord and loses 2d10 × 10 years in age, to a minimum of 16 years. When this happens, the character rerolls for gender and ALL stats, but keeps their alignment and class levels. After regeneration the next 12 hours is an energy period the time lord can use his regeneration energy to heal any cuts, scars or wounds on himself and all around him and can use only a little bit of energy that uses up 1 hour to fix objects this applies to healing.
- Automatic Languages: Time Lords speak Common and their own language of Gallifreyan. Typical bonus languages include Gnome, Halfling, and Elven.
- Favored Class:Time Lord
Please do not edit this page! It's currently being used, and is finished. If you feel like it is inaccurate, then please feel free to make your own Time Lord variant Thanks
it all depends on where they are in their Regeneration. For instance, The Doctor on his first regeneration was well into his 800s and was Venerable.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|250 years||500 years||800+ years||10,000 (forced regeneration)|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||90 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||70 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|