Tiefling, Keran Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|Blades Of Keran|
Tieflings are created when a Karmainian or Newesti child is either damned by a Devil while in the womb, or one of the parents was a Fiendish being. It only happens with Karmainians & Newesti because in their genesis they were given a link to the Gods and the fiends exploit this.
Tiefling are normally charismatic as they can feel that power is within reach at all times. They are also oftern jokers, trying to make light of situations other may find difficult or emotionally grueling.
 Physical Description
Tiefling are partly descended from human stock, and this is reflected in their physique. They are only slightly smaller than human men and women on average. Each is unique as its appearance depends on its fiendish Ancestor.
E.g. A Tiefling descended from a Glabrezu might have tiny non-mobile arms. While a Tiefling descended from a Cornugon might have tiny horns and a tail.
These unique traits only come into being once they reach the age of twelve. Until then they look like Karmainians.
Other races normally hate and fear them because of their bloodline.
They normally have an evil alignment. This is because of how society treats them, and not to do with a taint from their bloodline.
They have no lands of their own and live wherever Karmainians dwell.
They are paradoxically religious. Hoping that the Divines will accept them for who they are, instead what their bloodline is.
All Tiefling speak "Trade Tongue". But they have no language of their own.
They are named like Karmainians because when they are babies it is hard to tell the difference between a Tielfing or Karmainian.
 Racial Traits
- Outsider (Native)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Tieflings have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Tiefling base land speed is 30 ft.
- Low-Light Vision: A Tiefling can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- A Tiefling can take Fiend Feats as an evil outsider.
- A Tiefling gains an Abyssal Heritor, Devil-Touched, or Fiend Feats as a Bonus feat at level one. They must still have all the prerequistes to select a feat.
- Inborn Skill: A Tiefling is very talented and gains an extra two skill points at first level. They also gain one extra skill point at every level past 1st.
- Fiendish Allegiance: A Tiefling must choose a Fiend. A bit of the Fiends power taints the Tieflings blood. Once choosen this cannot be changed.
- Faction Feats: A Tiefling acts as though he has the either Abyssal Heritor Feat or Devil's Favour Feat for the purposes of prerequisites. This feat isn't selected by the Tiefling and is determined by your Fiendish Allegiance. If you are Aligned with a Demon then you get Abyssal Heritor for the purpose of this feat, if you are Aligned with a Devil then you get Devil's Favour for the purpose of this feat.
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass Tiefling takes an experience point penalty, her highest-level class does not count.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|62 years||93 years||125 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 3"||+2d6||95 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 1"||+2d6||75 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races → LA 0