Theodians (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|“||Theodians are a strange race, young bodies, old eyes, and a uncanny knack for sorcerery. One usually encounters them only in the country far to the west, but occasionally they do drift this way. Some say they are demons in disguise, other say they are angels. Neither is true however. Theodians are simply the byproduct of the last war between the gods. When the Astral plane was sundered and our world was cast into its own light, the lingering magical energy created the Theodians. Just as the Aasimars and Tieflings embody the good and evil of the universe, the Theodians embody another force entirely, magic."||”|
|—Emilia Shelly, Imperial Scholar, "Origin of Life, a Thesis on the Races of the World, 2nd ed.|
Theodians are a plantouched race. Not stemming from the sacred of profane like Aasimars or Tieflings however, Theodians draw their lineage straight from the magic in the multiverse. Long years of living on the material plane has diluted their outsider state and they now exist in a duality. They are both outsiders and natives.
Theodians differ in personality nearly as much as humans do. The nature of their existence tends to make them spontaneous and brash, but also enjoyable company. Their quick wit and charm tends to land them in good graces amongst outsiders, though most see them as fickle at times.
Magic comes naturally to Theodians, making bards and Sorcerers common amongst them. Fighter/Sorceror characters are common.
 Physical Description
Theodians height varies as much as humans do, but most are between 5' 5" and 6' tall. Theodians often lack the physique other races have due to their preference for magical careers, but are by no means smaller than the average human. All Theodians have white hair and their eye color never stays the same long.
Theodians admire elves for their magic, dwarves for their culture, and humans for their civilization. a
Theodians tend not to get along with the more savage races, as these races tend to view magic with suspicion.
Theodians, like humans, can be of any alignment, but most of them tend towards neutrality with a preference for good. The society Theodians have created for themselves is governed by an Emperor who upholds the rule of law, however all Theodians feel the tug of magic in them and as such most end to fall roughly neutral on that axis.
Most Theodians are found on their native islands of Theodia. This archepelego is a alpine climate and is famous for its large trees. Many powerful Arcanist have trained at the Arcane University. The great port city of Clar is also infamous for its Arena.
Outside of their native lands, Theodians commonly find themselves at home amongst magically inclined peoples. Though some Theodians prefer to live in non-magical communities (only so they can be revered and praised for bringing magic to those lands).
Most Theodians do not follow gods, but if they do it would be the god or goddess of magic.
Theodians speak an accented common.
Theodic names are Latin in sound.
Sample male names: Brutus, Gaius, Titus, Lucius.... Sample female names: Libia, Lucia, Sexta...
Family names normaly end in double "I's". For Instance. A male Theodian's name could be Titus Brutii.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma. Theodians are naturaly gifted arcanists.
- +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (Arcana) and Spellcraft. Futhermore, a Theodian always has Knowledge (Arcana) as a class skill.
- Size: Medium
- Outsider (Native)
- Base land speed: 30 feet.
- Low-light vision: A Theodian can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Spell Born (Sp): A Theodian begins play with a number of 0 level sorcerer/wizard spells known equal to his charisma modifier. He can casts these a total of three times a day. The DC over the saving throw for these spells is 10+charisma modifier. If he takes levels in the sorcerer class, the spells known are added to his list of spells known and the DC is adjusted to fit the new value.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Giant, and Elvish.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer and Wizard.
- Level Adjustment: +1
 Vital Statistics
|15 years||+1d6 years||+2d6 years||+3d6 years|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|45 years||80 years||100 years||100+1d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5'0"||+2d8 inches||120 lb.||× 1d6 lb.|
|Female||4'9"||+2d8 inches||100 lb.||× 1d6 lb.|