The Land (DnD Environment)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 The Land
- 1.1 Plane Traits
- 1.2 Plane Links
- 1.3 Plane Inhabitants
- 1.4 Movement and Combat
- 1.5 Features of the Plane
- 1.6 Plane Encounters
In the World of On, the Land is the Earth-like material plane. Specifically, the Land is the inhabitable half of a spherical rocky planet, on the other half of which lies Oceanus, a giant ocean. The Land consists of rivers, seas, forests, mountains, deserts and grasslands.
- Gravity: Normal (9.81 m/s^2)
- Time: Normal
- Size: Finite (borders Oceanus at equator)
- Morphic: Alterable
Magic, Alignment, and Energy/Elemental Traits
- Elemental Dominance: None
- Energy Dominance: None
- Alignment Trait: Mildly Neutral
- Magic Trait: Normal
The Land covers the northern half of the planet, with the southern half covered by a large uninhabitable ocean. Above the Land is the Astral Plane.
The Land is inhabited by most of the things that one might expect to see. There are civilisations of humanoids around, living in cities. In the wilderness, there are wild animals which hunt for food.
Movement and Combat
Movement is normal. It is common to travel by foot, although some richer people travel in litters, carried by servants, and sometimes, horseback riding or chariots are used, especially in wartime.
Features of the Plane
- Charitsa - A prosperous kingdom, near the boundary of human/dwarven lands.
- Indegatria - A not-so-prosperous kingdom, near the human/orc front. Often at war with the barbarians, and, despite their superior technology, the Indegatrians find it difficult to fight in the forests.
- Phoenoa - A small coalition of city-states on the opposite side of the continent. Across a small sea lies the North Pole, and the Elven forests.
- Tama Dvarfa (Dwarf Town) - the dwarves' capital, Tama Dvarfa is a rich city, but looks upon trading with the Charitsians with suspicion
- Mona Dvarfa (Dwarf Mines) - near Dwarf Town
- Fres Lua (Forest of the Moon) - just near the North Pole, opposite Fres Sao
- Fres Sao (Forest of the Sun) - just near the North Pole, opposite Fres Lua
- Gunte - A human tribe. Constantly threatens Phoenoa.
- Krumu - An orc tribe. At war with Indegatria and Vernea.
- Vernea - A human tribe. At war with Krumu and Indegatria.
- Fres Invates (Forbidden Forrest) - a forest that forms a ring around Fres Lua and Fres Sao and the North Pole. The Elves do not enter, for there are myths of unknown creatures.
- Sato Ulano (Desert of Death) - a desert first explored by dwarves. However, no dwarf has entered the desert for hundreds of years, due to attacks in the past by unknown creatures, which killed entire parties of explorers.
Depends on the environment.