The Abyss (The Test of Time Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
- "If you gaze to long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
- This plane of fire is filled with all sorts of evil, from pits of magma to fiery rain.
- Inhabitants in the normal sense of the word are hard to find, settlements are few and far between but the once you do find are huge and are usually ruled with iron fist.
- The greater devils are the great powers of society here, but only because the arch-demons and other powerful entities shun contact and thus are usually found wandering the wilder places of the plane.
- Visitors from the material plane hard ever come here except for the most evil and vile people, if there are any others at all they usually quest for a magical item or plan to take on a specific demon or devil.
- Meta-game description: hell (lot's of demons, devils, monsters, evil, horror stuff) in a lawful frame of mind