Tetsaiga (3.5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
This masterwork Katana appears to be rusted and beaten from battle-wear.
In the hands of any non-demon, this sword grants the wielder an additional +1 to attack and damage rolls and fast healing equal to half of their character level. The character also cannot die of natural causes and no longer ages.
A character with the demon bloodline gains all the abilities a non-demon gains. The character also gains access to the following abilities with the Tetsaiga:
- The wielder of this blade can make a Will save (DC 15) to transform the blade into a large +3 katana. If the character has never used this ability before, the DC is increased to 25. The Tetsaiga must be in this form in order to use its other abilities.
- Sword pressure: Once per round as a move action, the wielder can make a ranged attack (20 ft) at his highest base attack bonus + Strength modifier that deals 2d6 + Strength modifier slashing damage (Reflex save DC 13 + Strength Modifier for half). The wielder must have a +5 BAB to use this ability.
- Wind Scar: Three times a day the wielder can, as a full round action, let forth a 50 ft. cone that does 4d12 slashing damage (Reflex save DC 14 + Strength modifier for half). The wielder must have a +7 BAB to use this ability.
- Backlash Wave: Once per day the wielder can, as an immediate action, deal four times the amount of damage an attacker dealt, when the attacker successfully strikes the wielder in melee (Reflex save DC 15 + Strength modifier for half). The wielder must have a +9 BAB to use this ability.
- Barrier Breaker: The wielder can concentrate for three rounds to make an attack against an unattended object the ignores all hardness and damage reduction and magical and non-magical defensive abilities. If any non-magical object has less than 50 hp it is automatically destroyed. If a magical or non-magical object with more than 50 hp is hit by this attack, it leaves a 15 by 15 hole in the object. The wielder must have a +11 BAB to use this ability.
- Adamant Barrage: Three times per day, the wielder can concentrate for two rounds to transform the Tetsaiga into crystal. As an attack action the wielder can fire 4d6 crystal shards that deal 1d4 piercing damage at a single target (Reflex save DC 17 + Strength modifier for half). The wielder must have a +13 BAB to use this ability.