Tauren, Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Tauren are calm and peaceful, despite their massive size and strength that both genders possess. None, except the Grimtotem, wish for war.
Tauren are Bull-like humanoids that are completely covered in fur of colors varying from brown to black to grey. Both Males and females have horns that they may take a feat to use in combat. Their height varies from 6 ½ to 9ft, with females standing on the short end. Tauren can weigh anywhere from 400 to 700 pounds depending on height. Tauren clothing is always an earthy color and very simple, such as basic robes or leather tunics and pants.
Grimtotem tauren wear heavy face paint and are always completely black furred.
Tauren prefer strongly to remain solitary, but will align with any race that respects nature if they feel they must. They will not align with evil races. Tauren should react violently towards Centuars and Grimtotem Tauren.
Grimtotem Tauren are quite the opposite, choosing to ally only with arguably evil races. Respect for nature is still high on their priorities - however, alignment is not.
Tauren are usually Neutral Good.
Grimtotem Tauren are Neutral Evil.
Tauren are a nomadic people who travel and settle anywhere they please, though they prefer strongly to live in natural habitats and avoid cities. Lakes, grass and trees are almost always a staple of tauren lands.
The Tauren do own one city, Thunder Bluff, but most tauren still roam.
The majority of Tauren worship "The Earthmother".
Tauren Druids worship Mu'sha, or more literally, the moon.
Tauren Priests and Paladins worship An'she, or more literally, the sun.
Taurahe is the language of the tauren. They do not have a written language, instead having an extremely complicated form of hieroglyphs. Since nobody but the Tauren know how to read or speak Taurahe, it is considered a Secret Language.
Names are a complicated thing among tauren. Tauren typically, while growing up, receive three names:
- Birth name.
- This is the name given to them at birth by their parents. They also inherit the tribe name of their parents. Once they receive other names, only their family uses this name to address them.
- Ritual name.
- When reaching adulthood, all tauren embark on what is called the Rites of the Earthmother to signal their entrance into adulthood and to prove they are ready to take on adult responsiblities. Upon completion, the tauren receives a name that represents something they did in their life or their rites. Once receiving this name, all tauren within their tribe addresses them by this name.
- Trade name.
- If the tauren ventures out from their tribe into the world, they are allowed to choose a name for themselves to use with anyone outside their tribe.
- Male Names: Azok, Bron, Turok, Garaddon, Hruon, Jeddek.
- Female Names: Argo, Serga, Bessey, Beruna, Halfa.
- Family Names: Darkthorn, Thunderhoof, Stormhorn, Quillsplitter, Stonebreaker, Plainstalker, Spiritwalker
- +6 Str −2 Dex, +4 Con, −2 Int, +2 Wis. Tauren are built large and fairly strong however this makes maneuverability difficult.
- Monstrous Humanoid:
- Medium: As a medium character Tauren receive no special bonuses or penalties on their size.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- The Tauren base land speed is 30ft:
- Weapon Proficiency: Tauren proficiency with Axe, Greataxe, .
- Naturalist: Tauren are unable of becoming Paladin and take −2 penalty on diplomacy checks against them.
- Tauren Receive a +2 bonus to Intimidate, Survival, Knowledge (Nature) and handle animal checks.
- +1 Racial Bonus on attack rolls against Centaurs. Tauren are taught special fighting techniques to fight against their race's greatest foes.
- Ex: 1/day— War Stomp; Once per day a Tauren may unleash a powerful stomp by focusing their energy into their hoof. Upon stomping the Tauren unleashes a small shockwave that expands and expands itself within a 5ft. radius of the tauren using this ability. All those caught within the radius must succeed a reflex save of DC 10 + 1/2 the user's HD + Con modifier or be dazed for d4 round.
- Automatic Languages: Taur-ahe and Common Bonus Languages: Orc,goblin and Undercommon
- Favored Class:Fighter
- Level adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|75 years||95 years||110 years||114-150 years (Few over 100)|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||7'2"||+3d8"||500 lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||6'10"||+3d8"||400 lb.||× () lb.|