Tarkata (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Tarkata are known for their distaste for almost all other forms of life. They are outsiders, rejecting conventional society in favor of nomadic warbands and small villages. From an early age, a Tarkatan is taught cruelty and maliciousness, so that one day he or she may be a powerful asset to the clan. Once a Tarkatan is of age, he or she is tasked with killing a randomly chosen intelligent being; if he or she succeeds, the Tarkatan is considered an adult, and may fight and hunt alongside the other adults of the clan.
The Tarkata are very frightening in appearance, resembling humans, but having two key differences: a mouth of razor-sharp fangs, and a fourteen-inch bone blade extending from each forearm. All Tarkata are trained in these weapons from age three to eighteen, and thus, all are quite masterful with their natural weapons. A Tarkatan's skin color can range from salmon to a ruddy brown; only female Tarkata have hair.
The Tarkata hold sadism and cruelty as high as humans hold honesty and friendship. As such, most Tarkatans find it hard to coexist with non-chaotic characters. Some Tarkata are raised alongside civil humans, however, and these few are reliable, albeit slow-witted, compadres.
Most uncivilized Tarkata are of chaotic alignments, usually chaotic evil. Tarkatan's are usually born into tribes under the control of outworld rulers and will carry out his/her will without question, making them Lawful, they are mostly evil and neutral but rarely ever good. But a Tarkatan raised civilly away from the outworld tribes may be of any alignment he or she chooses.
Native to Outworld the Tarkata prefer dry, airy plains or grasslands, but can survive in almost any climate.
The Tarkata revere no gods especially, although regional tribes may worship gods of war and strength, such as Kord, Wee-Jas, or Gruumsh.
Most Tarkata speak some dialect of Common, as well as Tarkatan. Many Tarkatan chieftains or high priests speak Abyssal or Infernal.
For males, the Tarkata prefer names with hard 'T' and 'K' sounds. Ex: Baraka, Kartak, Raktos, Katar. Female Tarkata prefer names with long 'E' sounds, most of them ending in 'A' or 'I'. Ex: Mileena, Eenika, Keera, Ameeni.
- +2 STR, +2 CON, -2 INT, -2 WIS: Powerful and fearsome, Tarkata are worthy opponents in any combat situation, but useless as spellcasters.
- Humanoid (Outsider)
- Medium size
- Tarkata base land speed is 30 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: Tarkata start with two levels of Outsider, giving them 2d8 Racial Hit Dice, +2 Fort +1 Ref +1 Will base saving throws, and skill points equal to 2 x (8 + Int modifier)
- Arm Blades: Tarkata may choose to attack with their Arm Blades. These natural weapons are light blades that cause 1d6 slashing damage, with a crit if 19-20/x3. Attacks with them count as unarmed attacks.
- Tarkatan Senses (Su): +2 to all Bluff, Gather Information, Intimidation, Listen, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks; the Tarkata have a natural sixth sense concerning their prey.
- Blood Rage (Su): Once a day, while bloodied, a Tarkatan may enter a Blood Rage, getting +2 to all attack and damage rolls for one round of combat per caster level.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Tarkatan. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Infernal.
- Favored Class: Fighter. The Barbarian is also a natural choice for a Tarkatan character, as is the Warlord. Civilized Tarkata make excellent Monks. Any spellcasting class is an ill fit for a Tarkatan.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||50 years||60 years||75 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 0"||+1d4||20 lb.||× (1d12) lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+1d4||15 lb.||× (1d12) lb.|