Talk:Worldgate (3.5e Campaign Setting)
From D&D Wiki
Are you going to want everything that is part of this campaign setting locked? --Green Dragon 23:27, 20 September 2006 (MDT)
- Hmmm good question... I'd say that was not necessary. I do want suggestions and all that. Also, I cannot catch all typos and grammar errors by myself. And having to unlock, correct, and relock a page for every typo seems a bit unnecessary. Perhaps later on, when the settings is almost completely done.
- ---Ra-Tiel 00:20, 21 September 2006 (MDT)
- Okay, just remember to tell me when to lock it. --Green Dragon 22:13, 21 September 2006 (MDT)
 PDF on D&D Wiki?
Hello. Do you want the PDF file to be stored on D&D Wiki? It will be saving bandwidth for the external site, and it will also allow D&D Wiki to be usable fully even if that external site goes down. Let me know what you think. — Blue Dragon (talk) 11:54, 11 April 2007 (MDT)
- It'd be cool if you could do that. I know I've been away for quite some time now, but real life's really being a bitch at me currently. -.- But the WGCS is still making progresses, no worries. ;) Just check the CBG Thread for the recent update. :)
- I don't know if it will be of help, but I switched to DocBook for writing the WGCS. If you want, I can post the XML sourcefiles. Perhaps there was a transformation to make Wiki "code" out of them? Ra-Tiel 00:35, 13 April 2007 (MDT)
- Hi. Sorry for the delay, but the last weeks were quite exhausting. I got a new version of the the setting PDF, and a ZIP with the DocBook sources. I've also been googling around a bit and found this, perhaps it can help you finding a way of converting the XML files into Wiki code. Regards. --Ra-Tiel 15:26, 7 May 2007 (MDT)
- Hello Ra-Tiel. I have converted all of the XML sourcefiles that were in the zip (Basics, Skills, Races, and Abilities and Karma). If you can get me the others, it will not take long to convert them. Disclaimer: I have not wikified any of the files — I just converted them to wiki format. They still need to have templates applied, and I feel that some of them (Skills, Races) should be split up into separate pages for each item. — Blue Dragon (talk) 17:54, 13 May 2007 (MDT)
- Wow, looks good! :D I hope it wasn't too difficult to make the transformation? :D
- However, one thing. I wondered exactly what definitions I would have to use to make sure that the setting stuff (races descriptions, societies, nations, ...) would be marked as PI, while the game mechanics (ability values, races game information, skills, ...) would remain open under the OGL. Do you think that a notice at the beginning of each page would be enough, or that there was something else to do?
- --Ra-Tiel 22:51, 13 May 2007 (MDT)
- A notice should be enough. --Green Dragon 22:10, 8 August 2007 (MDT)
 Converted files in Races missing characters
In the races section, some of the first letters on each line were accidentally cut off. This needs to be fixed before these go into production. This only applies to unordered lists. — Blue Dragon (talk) 18:01, 13 May 2007 (MDT)
- Just curious, has this been done yet? --Green Dragon 22:15, 8 August 2007 (MDT)
discussion on worldgate campaign setting