Talk:Windblade (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
 Seems overpowered
Seems overpowered. Compare to a fighter: BAB and HD size are lowered, and replaced with much better skills and eight useful special abilities. Tone it down, I say.
Besides, there's a far superior Shinobi no Bushi class from the Wizards forums. Will link to it here when I find it.
Ok, I kicked a couple of abilities, and changes class skills to Fighter skills. Should be less overpowered now. Lord_Canius
Hm... I think this is overpowered. They get all the fighter feats and flurry of blows, and special abilities? I think a extra feat at 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th might be better, with getting rid of all the bonus fighter feats. Green_Dragon
Consider it done. Lord_Canius
 Good job
This is a good class. However, I think that it would be better if you added in what happens at first level, second, their backgruond, etc.
See the Knight page to see what I am talking about.
I've decided that I should change the name of my "shinobi" class to something else, as I found the other Shinobi class on the forums, and found it a much different character than mine, but a much better flavor of shinobi. I now need help thinking of a better name, so I'm calling it a Windblade until someone suggusts something better. I also tossed out an ability or 2, and added 2 new ones of my own custom make that give the class a bit more of a distinctive feel. Lord_Canius
I am liking what is happening to this class, the changes are good. As a side note however (Looking through "recent changes") I noticed that you do not have a username, you can sign up for a username and it takes no time. With this, you can actaully be called "Lord_Canius". You sign up for a username in the top right hand corner of the screen. Good luck with the class :).
I find this class hard to read. Could you lay the class out using the?
There are many things that make a good class. The primary rules are: following the class template, clear writing, and good grammar/spelling. Writing a class is actually technical writing, and in technical writing, you want to minimize distractions. Distractions lose your reader. Losing your reader leads to unread documentation. See also my Character Class Design Guidelines (DnD Other). I don't pretend that the guidelines are done or authoratative, but they do provide a means to self-criticize as you write the character.
 Good point.
I'll put it in the new template format as soon as I get the chance. (Incidentaly, I submited this LONG before that template was posted, but I'll remember to use it from now on.)
 CCS Analysis
|Windblade CCS Analysis|
|Basics||Abilities (1st-5th)||Abilities (5th-10th)||Abilities (11th-20th)|
|d8 HD||+20||Flurry of Blows||+4||Edge||+2||Imp Uncanny||+1|
|Weapon Prof||+8||Edge||+4||Speed Boost||+4||Edge||+1|
|Armor Prof||+25||Bonus Feat||+8||Bonus Feat||+4||Edge (2/day)||+1|
|Class Skills||+7||Uncanny Dodge||+4||Blade Fury (x2)||+4 (Powerful)|
|Skill Points||+17||Speed Boost||+4||Bonus Feat (x2)||+4|
|BAB||+17||Speed Boost (x3)||+3|
|Total = 104||Total = 24||Total = 10||Total = 14|
|Grand Total = 152 Verdict = Well under|
Rememeber: optimal is 215. I'm assuming that the Flurry does not improve unlike Monk. The problem is that it seems to be just a touch more powerful than a monk, but doesn't all those cool "otherness". Am I missing something? O_o --Pwsnafu 19:39, 7 March 2007 (MST)
- I think this is just a "not so well made" class. Also, are you going to give this a rating with your CSS analysis? --Green Dragon 20:43, 7 March 2007 (MST)
- I do like the class (philosophicallY at least). I'll think up something to make this useable. And no, no rating for now. --Pwsnafu 18:20, 8 March 2007 (MST)
- Okay. --Green Dragon 09:43, 9 March 2007 (MST)
When I read this, it felt like a Ftr/Monk, without the big benefits of either. So I went back and brainstormed what I thought "Windblade" meant to me (personally). Came up with this, which changes the feel a lot and gives it a niche:
- A champion of air elemental. Has the power to turn/destroy earth
- Very high AC: Zephyr Defense (Su): When a Windblade moves more than 20' in a round, he gains AC Bonus = 1 (improves) + Wis Modifier + Dex Modifier
- Low HD (d6 or even d4)
- No terrain effects (includes acrobatic charge)
- Outsider (air) template @ Lv20
- Summon Air Elementals
- Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack
Creates a character who can be notoriously hard to hit, but has low HP. --Pwsnafu 18:03, 17 March 2007 (MDT)
- I think you should try to incorporate these ideas into this class and make this better... --Green Dragon 23:25, 18 March 2007 (MDT)
- I believe that adding the AC bonus is important. Otherwise most Windblades are going to have about 15 to 16 AC max, or no Flurry and Speed Bonus. Speaking of Flurry of Blows, isn't there supposed to be another attack? Since it sounds like you want this class to be mobile, Tumble should probably be a class skill. --Enialis 17:25, 14 April 2011 (MDT)