Talk:Whetsheath (3.5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
I can't seem to get it into the Weapon enhancement equipment catagory. Can someone lend a hand? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Cypresslyshra (talk • contribs) 20:21, 3 January 2007 (MST). Please sign your posts!
- Done. --Green Dragon 19:55, 3 January 2007 (MST)
So, I think this may be overpowered. First off, please look at Scabbard of Keen Edges (SRD Wondrous Item) as this does almost the same thing, just less often, for 16,000gp. I think this price either needs to be raised or this item needs to be made worse... Looking at this now, it seems overpowered. What are your thoughts? --Green Dragon 23:11, 3 January 2007 (MST)
- I think it should be made more expensive. I'll alter that right now.
- As a side note, I seem to be batting zero when it comes to figuring out prices/balance. Do you have any resources I can look at, as a sliding scale sort of thing?--Cypresslyshra 23:24, 3 January 2007 (MST)
- Amendum; Actually, a thought. If I increased the amount of time the blade needed to remain the the sheath, and raised the rpice to 16,00 gp, would that be balanced?
- I am sorry, I do not know of any resources you could use (you might want to ask Dmilewski or Sledged as they might know something to use...). Anyway, how long are you thinking of making have to remain in it's sheath to work? --Green Dragon 23:29, 3 January 2007 (MST)
- Maybe a week? The people who make these things never let them leave the sheath for too long, so it would still fit with the backstory. Also, maybe make the keen effect only last for an hour, and if its not returned to the sheath by then, you have to keep it in the sheath for another week. If that still seems excessive, maybe twenty rounds, or less. The magic isn't horrifingly great.
- I think I'll ask them about that, by the way. I still am getting back into the swing of things, sad to say.--Cypresslyshra 23:33, 3 January 2007 (MST)
- With that added (not being returned to sheath in an hour, the blade needing to be in there for a week for this to take effect) I think it would be better. However, I would recomend it costing about 20,000gp or so (4,000 more than the Scabbard of Keen Edges) because it still is better than the Scabbard of Keen Edges). This should balance it... --Green Dragon 23:37, 3 January 2007 (MST)
- Done. I am slowly getting the hang of this, thanks for your help.--Cypresslyshra 23:39, 3 January 2007 (MST)
- No problem. --Green Dragon 23:46, 3 January 2007 (MST)
The Whetsheath also needs to tell how much it costs to make this item... After that, I think it will be a very well done finished item. --Green Dragon 20:51, 4 January 2007 (MST)
- Alright, let me get right on that.--Cypresslyshra 20:56, 4 January 2007 (MST)
- Also, this should only be in the Wondrous Item category, not the weapon enhancement category. That category is only for the magical enchantments that increase a weapon's abilities (and have to be applied to a +1 or better weapon, accord with the bonus^2 x 1000gp cost rule, etc.). --EldritchNumen 02:21, 9 January 2007 (MST)