Talk:Warmage (4e Class)
From D&D Wiki
Opening up the discussion page for suggestions and general thoughts about the class in general. I think this class has a lot of potential, being unique in its features and offering a diverse set of abilities. I would like to see this class grow to more than what it is in my mind, however, and would greatly appreciate any suggestions to its growth. --Biral 01:52, 18 February 2009 (EST)
I've been working with additional ideas of skills and abilities for this class, and will update it by the end of the month with some new powers. But I've yet to decide on a well-defined course to pursue. I'll be convening with some friends of mine for a more substantial look at prospective powers. --Biral 10:26, 05 July 2009 (EST)
Just an update, since I've seriously neglected this page: I'm currently revising most of my ideas posted here and will be updating the whole class as soon as I can pry myself away from my studies in school. I have quite a few changes that will end up revamping some of the baseline powers this class has, as well as opening it up for future manipulation by introducing some storyline and lore behind it to better guide its progress. As always, feedback is more than welcome. --Biral 13:29, 16 November 2011 (EST)
Wow, it has been a long time. Over the past few months, I've been adding plenty of new skills and abilities for the Warmage to use and hopefully the class can be reviewed for completion within the next few weeks. Biral (talk) 17:33, 23 February 2013 (MST)
- Arcane Affinity - "You are required to perform a saving throw against a hostile spell." - monster statblocks do not identify attacks as "spells", and I can't think of any that ask for an immediate saving throw. You might be thinking of (save ends) conditions, but these are made on your turn, so you can't do an immediate reaction against it.
- Mystic Orb - How long do the orbs last for? Is it expected that the warmage creates them all before an encounter starts, or is the intention that they are created during a battle?
- Empower Orb - make the bonus a power bonus to make it clear that it doesn't stack. The level 21 bonus is the same as the level 11 bonus. It's a standard action, but I don't think it's worth losing an attack for the sake of an attack bonus.
- Force Strike (4e Power) - This is accurate (weapon vs. NAD) and can push more than 1 square.
- Arcane Weapon (4e Power) - What kind of attacks gets the 1d4 bonus damage? All weapon attacks, or just warmage weapon attacks? How long does the bonus last for?
- I'll look at the encounter and daily powers another time. Marasmusine (talk) 10:34, 16 August 2013 (MDT)
I can answer a few of your questions. When he means hostile spells he's talking about enemy attacks that have anything to do with arcana energies. This could be anything from a magic missile to a simple wack from a enchanted sword. Warmages are very in tune with arcana, more than most mages. Second, Mystic orbs most likely stick around a long as time until you lose concentration and they just puff. Though I think there should be a limit to how many you can have. Third, I actually like the Empowered Mystic Orb At-Will power since it gives you the ability to charge and than release one over powered attack that can kill anything, it fits a Warmage very well. For Force Strike I don't see what your talking about, it's not a basic attack so it would run off of your Strength or Dexterity (Whichever is higher). Though I do have to say it should be Implement not Weapon just so it would make sense. Arcane Weapon would only work on his Implement Weapon and it would last until an extended rest when most other buffs ware off. Over all I like the Warmage class so far. >Dylan