Talk:Vizison (4e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Battle Pause is very broken. There are no 4e mechanics for freezing people in time. But what does the character do during this frozen time? Perhaps move somewhere and attack someone? The net effect is that the character appears to have teleported somewhere and gotten in an extra attack. Here is my awesome suggestion.
|Battle Pause||Vizison Racial Power|
|In moments of great danger, you can freeze time!|
|Trigger: An attack bloodies you.|
|Effect: You shift 3 squares and make a basic attack.|
I have barly any idea how Vizison Names should be , maybe a mix of draconic and elven?
- I'm assuming that from their darkvision and description that they were originally from the underdark - their language would be Deep Speech. That language uses the Rellanic script, so is related to the elven language. Marasmusine 15:00, 24 January 2012 (MST)
Makes sense I'll do some tweaks then
In addition to Battle Pause, the following traits are broken:
"Blade Master: you have proficily [sic] in all blades" - Some races, such as the eladrin, have proficiency in one or two simple or martial weapons. As written, the Vizison are proficient in all light blades and heavy blades, including all superior weapons. This is overpowered.
"Time Tance: you go into a tance [sic] of time, making an extended rest a short rest" - I can't make any sense out of this. Firstly, players can always decline an extended rest and take a short one instead. Secondly, by forcing this on Vizisons, they will never be able to restore their daily powers, make endurance checks for diseases, or any of the other things triggered by an extended rest.
"shadow step: when in dark areas your sheath gos up by 2" - they already get a +2 racial bonus to stealth. Don't stack on even more for a condition that is likely to come up frequently. Marasmusine 03:09, 26 January 2012 (MST)
i'm changing Blade master to just dagger and simatar very soon Shadow Step will be deleted and time time tance will be modifed
I've hired my brother to draw a picture of a Vizison male and female, and it will uploaded onto the page after it's uploaded I'd like to hear people's thoughts
It Is Complete!!!!!!!
I've finished everything but the picture making it a complete Race and should go on the small list up there, what does everyone else think? --Viziton 22:08, 27 January 2012 (MST)
I can't make the picture appear on the page, I tried uploading it but it doesn't macth MIME tpye and I don't know what it means --Viziton 22:22, 27 January 2012 (MST)
- I'm afraid Time Trance is still broken, since it removes a core resourcing mechanic. I get the idea, and I suggest something like "When you take a short rest, you gain a +2 bonus to your healing surge value."
- 4e isn't supposed to have unique racial languages, so I suggest dropping Vizison as a language.
- I still can't make any sense of Battle Pause. It targets arcana check 10? Wut? :) Racial traits shouldn't be specific to classes - that's what race/class combo feats are for. Marasmusine 15:50, 1 February 2012 (MST)
I was planning to make a campain setting after the Vizison were set and ready to give the language some use,and I'll make some changes with Battle Pause I make sense of what target for.--Viziton 07:24, 2 February 2012 (MST)
Spell check and Grammar
I liked the idea behind the race but I had difficulty understanding a good bit of it. Could you go back over it and tweak the spelling and grammar mistakes?-- Irykyl 09:52, 1 February 2012 (MST)
Sure,but it will take awhile I did all of this on kindle and I'm not good with grammar or spelling--Viziton 07:12, 2 February 2012 (MST)
Alignment and Religion
What alignment would the Vizison typically be, and what religion would they follow? -- Irykyl 11:07, 2 February 2012 (MST)
- They're useually unaligned unless their messed with,and they worship Viziton, the god of time--Viziton 22:55, 2 February 2012 (MST)
What is Fluff?
so I have a question, what is fluff for?--Viziton 06:13, 5 February 2012 (MST)
- Look at your Player's Handbook in the Character Races section. For each race, the "fluff" is everything underneath the Racial Traits box - two or three paragraphs on physical description; a "Playing a..." section which gives advice on how to roleplay this race; and three example adventurers, one paragraph each. Basically everything that isn't "crunch" (i.e. the mechanics). Marasmusine 06:26, 5 February 2012 (MST)
- Whilst you're looking at your PHB, you should also look at the "how to read a power" section starting on page 54, so that you can fix your power. Marasmusine 06:27, 5 February 2012 (MST)
Grammar Help NEEDED
The two things I'm bad about is grammar and spelling, any help would be awesome of you--Viziton 12:14, 29 February 2012 (MST)
- Corrected some of the grammar, spelling, and wording. Parts are now a little easier to read.-- Irykyl 12:26, 29 February 2012 (MST)