Talk:Valeriks (4e Race)
From D&D Wiki
This race was meant as a replacement for Halflings, because my Campaign Setting didn't feature any small creatures (Gnomes were updated to Medium). Please let me know what you think. Do you like it? Does it work well? Does anything need editing? --Allycat 03:22, 26 November 2009 (MST)
Short on one Defense
Races with stat bonuses to stats which boost the same Defense score (i.e.: Str and Con, Dex and Int, or Wis and Cha) receive a +1 bonus to another Defense score. (See: Eladrin, Warforged, Goliaths.) All the official examples of this I've seen have been stats that add to Fort or Reflex with a racial bonus to Will. This race has stats which add to Will, so it will need a racial bonus to Fort or Reflex.
- Great catch! I checked out the other races, Shadar-Kai follow your pattern. There are a couple of races that get a defense bonus, although they don't have a racial abbility modifier in the same defensive pair.
- Changelings have CHA+INT/DEX and get a bonus on Will.
- Githyanki have CON+INT and get a bonus on Will.
- Goblins have CHA+DEX and get a bonus on Reflex.
- Wildens have CON+WIS and get a bonus of choice.
- And there are also races that has its modifiers in one defensive pair, but still doesn't receive a defensive bonus:
- Kalashtar have CHA+WIS, but no bonus.
- Minotaurs have CON+STR, but no bonus.
- Orcs have CON+STR, but no bonus.
- So, I guess the pattern doesn't hold true. But what's more important, do you think this race needs to have a defensive bonus to be more balanced?--Allycat 22:23, 9 February 2010 (UTC)
What is the source for the images? Since they are uploaded to the wiki, they will need to be compatible with our license and will need attribution. Marasmusine 10:33, 26 March 2012 (MDT)