Talk:Two-Weapon Crit Specialist (3.5e Optimized Character Build)
From D&D Wiki
- This build requires magic item assistance to qualify for Improved and Greater Two-Weapon Fighting. With a starting Dexterity of 15, the build will not meet the prerequisites at the levels those feats are assigned.
- The progression lists fighter levels 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6. Where did 4 go?
- Barbarians get greater rage at 11th level, not 10th.
- What is the preferred weapon(s) for Improved Critical, Weapon Focus, and Weapon Specialization?
- I expect he's going to be used Kukris as it was mentioned in the Munchkin-Size me, however I hope that it uses RAPIERS instead because of the additional damage. The build has a 16-20/x2 threat chance, so adding Power Critical or Martial Stance(Blood in the Water) will enhance the ability, instead of Diehard. Power Critical gives you +4 to confirm a threat and Blood in the Water stance from Tome of Blood gives you +1 attack and damage for every critical hit you get. --TK-Squared 13:47, 22 March 2008 (MDT)
- Touché. I somehow messed up my idea behind rapiers. Kukris, go! --TK-Squared 14:14, 22 March 2008 (MDT)
- Well, if he goes with 2 kukris, that makes Power Attack (more) useless, as you can't power attack with light weapons. Erm, I see that he's using it to qualify for Cleave, but... --Finfreeze 23:56, 22 March 2008 (MDT)
- I would drop some feat and take weapon finesse. Then put all increases into dexterity. This allows you to take those other feats, and use dexterity to increase both chance to hit and AC.--Ghostie1337 09:44, 5 April 2008 (MDT)
Why don't you make it an Orc instead of Half-Orc so you get even more Str bonus and you could use an Orc Double Axe which counts as a light off-hand weapon for penalties, but not for the primary hand so you can still use Power Attack with it.
Drop Die Hard and a lvl of Ranger, and pick up Wild Talent and take a 1 lvl dip into Slayer. you lose a animal companion and +1 in Fort and Reflex. but better yet you gain +2 in will so your final saves will be +16/+7/+7(better then standard fighter). you also gain Favored psyhic enemy +2, and enemy sense. a net gain in your favor IMHO.
- Or Psionic Fist for an extra +2 in Reflex for a final total of +16/+9/+7 but no class features that you can use. just something to consider, i would still go for Slayer instead.
This build would benefit from some Tempest- particularly useful is the ability that lets you use feats that apply to one weapon on both (so you could go rapier/kukri, take Imp Crit: Rapier and have it apply to the offhand kukri as well). MorkaisChosen 10:16, 23 May 2008 (MDT)
I can see bloodclaw master (Tome of Battle) finding a place here. Take at least two levels, and you'll have no penalties for fighting with two kukris, not to mention you get your whole Strength modifier on off-hand attacks with them. --Ddragon Necrophades 23:46, 23 September 2008 (MDT)
Why's it up for deletion?
Okay, this build is absolutely horrible. I don't know the policies on here, do builds get deleted just because they are horrible? If so then I guess it should be deleted. I disagree with the premise of the deletion notice though. You can make a decent two-weapon Ranger without sneak attack, it's just that this build isn't that. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts!