Talk:Trained Stance (3.5e Feat)
From D&D Wiki
Several problems (I tried to fix)
- Why do I have to activate this ability? Since it lasts forever if I don't lose it, there is no need to activate it. Do I need to activate my Dex bonus to AC? No.
- Since you lose this ability when you are tripped, Combat School Fighters are extremely vulnerable to Trip attacks.
- I made it a competence bonus to Balance, so it doesn't suck if you actually have ranks in that skill, such as Fighter / Rogues.
- Losing the stance when casting a spell sucks. This nerfs pretty much everyone except straight fighters, monks and rogues. Why shouldn't a Ranger or Paladin use the Combat school?
- Since this feat is the basis of the Combat School, why not include it.
--Mkill 07:36, 26 July 2007 (MDT)
- I put it back to a rank substitute for that feat. That part was on purpose. This is a skill substitute feat. I'll comment more later.--Dmilewski 09:34, 26 July 2007 (MDT)