Talk:Taijutsu Master (3.5e Prestige Class)
From D&D Wiki
The author has declared this page to be copyrighted. This directly conflicts with the GNU FDL. We'll either have to have him remove the copyright or delete the page. --EldritchNumen 23:39, 8 February 2007 (MST)
- Are you sure? Extracted from the GNU FDL:
"1. APPLICABILITY AND DEFINITIONS
This License applies to any manual or other work, in any medium, that contains a notice placed by the copyright holder saying it can be distributed under the terms of this License. Such a notice grants a world-wide, royalty-free license, unlimited in duration, to use that work under the conditions stated herein. The "Document", below, refers to any such manual or work. Any member of the public is a licensee, and is addressed as "you". You accept the license if you copy, modify or distribute the work in a way requiring permission under copyright law."
- Note that a document under GNU FDL can still be copyrighted. As long as the GNU FDL applies, it can be modified. At least I think. Let me know if I am misreading. Aarnott 08:08, 9 February 2007 (MST)
- Also, there are a lot of items that "say" they have been copyrighted on D&D Wiki. I think they are okay, however I am not 100% sure. This is where someone that really knows these licenses would be nice.... --Green Dragon 14:39, 11 February 2007 (MST)
- Frankly, we shuld make an attmept to contact the author with his name on the copyright. Before we do anything, it woudl be best to ask his permission. If the person who submitted this was the author (a disticnct possibility,) then we should safely assume he read the disclaimer and therefore know his work will be tweaked at will unless he asks us to lock it specifically. However, we should try to hunt for this fellow. I'll see if I can't dig up his name and e-mail somewhere this coming week. --Theophenes 00:02, 8 July 2007 (MDT)
Anyone know what the HD of this is? --Green Dragon 22:49, 12 February 2007 (MST)
Balance - 5/10
I give this class a 5/10
I find this class to be a very well balanced class and I would make the HD a D8 and skill mod 2 + Int —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 22:15, 15 February 2007 (MST). Please sign your posts!
- I changed the HD to a D8. Thanks for rating this. --Green Dragon 10:40, 16 February 2007 (MST)
I liked most of the styles, but Capoeira is fairly useless. Manacles really aren't a serious handicap with impoved unarmed strike, and msot monks are doing more damage without weapons at that point. Also, I couldn't find anything on the aaron parasek fellow.--Theophenes 16:00, 17 July 2007 (MDT)
A step in the right direction
I'd tweak some of the abilities. The one I can think of offhand is that ability to change the type of damage you can do, to something like "A swift action once per round" or even "As a free action". As written, that ability only serves if you know in advance what you'll be fighting. On the other hand, if it can be changed at will, as many times a day as you want (it's basically changing whether you punch, shop, or jab, right?), then the party always has at least one person who can overcome slashing, piercing, or bludgeoning DR.