Talk:Survivor Monk (3.5e Optimized Character Build)
From D&D Wiki
I haven't given this entry much attention in a while and just did a massive update to make it all 3.5e, 20 level progression. I've learned a lot of things about optimizing monks in the interim and it's reflected in the progression, which is basically brand new. I'm most proud of the wrinkle by which the monk can get INA at ECL 3. That would also work with Elan, another LA +0 non-humanoid race. The theme is survival, though, and the Con and Dex bonuses, plus rage, makes for a more durable character at low levels, even if it leaves him a bit "Strong in 'teh arm and thick in 'teh head" as the saying goes.
The name of this CO seems a little long-winded. Any ideas for a shorter name that conveys the same message? --Green Dragon 22:38, 16 December 2007 (MST)
- Little allusion to Harry Potter there, all in good fun. "ECL 1 Survivor Monk" is the actual description. -- S1Q3T3 10:39, 17 December 2007 (MST)
- Thanks. I changed it. --Green Dragon 11:54, 17 December 2007 (MST)
Does this Work?
Hmm... Why so many feats at all levels? Is there a rule somewhere that allows that? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 16:33, 24 December 2007 (MST). Please sign your posts!
- That's what makes it optimized. It's all core rules, but you pick up feats wherever you can. Psychic Warrior has bonus feats at first and second levels. UA allows you to chose two flaws and get two more feats. OA allows the Monk to swap out his bonus feats for any martial arts feat. The Sohei gets Weapon Focus as a bonus feat at first level.
- It's all kosher. -- S1Q3T3 16:57, 24 December 2007 (MST)
- They are stated in the article (3.5 on the table of contents). -- S1Q3T3 00:11, 26 December 2007 (MST)
Please note: Martial 1 lets you add your Cha mod on all Dex checks, including Init. The eager weapon enhancement gives a +2 bonus for the low price of +1 enhancement. Quick Recononiter feat from CAd gives another +2. Regards --Pwsnafu 19:22, 12 January 2008 (MST)
One feat a monk should never be without
Fiery Fist. Its in The PHB2. You deal 1d6 fire damage for every attack that round in exchange for one stunning fist attempt. Coupled with flurry of blows this is a powerful combo.
are you using OA?
you mention it an aweful lot, but its not listed in the books used. also its 3.0. no OA means no free multiclassing, no iajuitsu, ect. also if you are using it take falling star strike to constantly blind opponents--Name Violation 16:16, 12 November 2009 (MST)