Talk:Succubi (4e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A Few Things
- Average Height/Average Weight: Both of these entries say "see change shape minor"...what is this?
- Ability Scores: In 4e you give 2 stats a +2 each. No more...no less.
- Skill Bonuses: In 4e you give you 2 Skills a +2 each. Again no more...no less, and you never ever put a penalty in a Racial Trait.
- I am who i am or not: This trait is poorly named and poorly worded. You should copy the similar Succubus ability right from the MM.
- Flight: A +4 to Jump checks is a bit high at Heroic levels. This trait should scale; +2 at Heroic, +3 at Paragon, and +4 at Epic. Although a flat +2 would work just fine.
- Feminist: You should never have a race that consists of a singular sex. Regardless of mythical source you are cutting a large number of potential players from ever using this race. And it would be easy to include the Incubus (male Succubus) in the name/fluff.
- Develic features: This bonus to unarmed damage (poorly worded as well) is overkill. You should drop the trait and include the rest in the Fluff.
- Dominate: Hopefully this is unfinished...because it is. There is no description of what the power does (although I will assume Dominate), nor is there attack parameters. If this power does allow Domination then it is way overpowered; a Minor action, At-Will, and a Close Burst 3. It should be a Standard action, Encounter, and Ranged 3 (attacking 1 target). As well the Dominate effect should only last until the "end of your next turn". That is a very powerful effect and can easily unbalance an encounter.
- Spelling/Grammer: There are a lot of spelling, grammer, and format problems with this article as well. You will want to clean those up quickly, before they become a big problem.
Lastly I do have to ask; why? You have chosen to turn a pure Infernal creature into a race. In 4e both true Devils and true Demons are far beyond redemption, and as their fluff basically locks them into beings of pure evil, I have a hard time seeing how most DMs would ever allow this race. You do still have plenty of work to do in your fluff areas so maybe you can lay out a convincing reason for "Succubi Adventurers", but no matter what given their history they will be hard to sell as potential heroes. Thank you for your time. -- Sepsis 06:48, 19 May 2009 (MDT)
- Sepsis if you really wanted to you could change the race around a little really its up to everybody i just like succubi and wanted something for 4e sp please feel free to change it anyway you see neccasary. Apfa10 17:07, 19 May 2009 (MDT)}}
- Might I chime in here? Why can't we have devils as a race? What about the Minotaur? In the Player's Handbook 3, they worked it out. Can't this be a race? --Axl 21:42, 1 April 2011 (MDT)
What happen too the Succubus's energy drain kiss attack that was based on there old AD&D! Dashami —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) 00:24, 2 February 2011 (UTC). Please sign your posts!
- They have not been considered, I guess. Feel free to work on this and add that which you think would work well. --Green Dragon 17:34, 1 February 2011 (MST)
I'm going to play a succubus in an upcoming campaign using this homebrewed class, but I didn't like the lack of any sort of domination power. I've created this power based on the Dominate power from the Monster Manual and the bard power Song of Discord. Several people have told me that it sounds balanced and I wondered if I should add it to this page. I'm not familiar with the policies so I am just going to drop it here on the talk page so hopefully someone can tell me if they think it should be added.
Dominate: At 5th level you can use dominate as a daily power. This replaces the daily power you would normally pick at level 5.
--188.8.131.52 15:04, 26 March 2013 (MDT)
I have done basically a complete rewrite and upgrade of this page. With my knowledge of Succubi from other sources (a.k.a Wikipedia) I have based the new style off the idea that succubi invaded dreams. I have balanced a lot of the things that seemed off and added description where it was missing. Thank you whoever posted that Dominate power, that will save me a lot of time. However, I might make some changes as it is a bit confusing
-- GhaladronOG 20:01, 18 August 2015 (AEST)
- Charming Kiss and Dominate don't have the Implement keyword, so at later levels they will miss a lot. Add a tiered bonus (a la Dragonborn's encounter power). Also suggest moving Dominate to racial utility powers and have it as an effect that's triggered on a successful Charming Kiss. Marasmusine (talk) 06:44, 18 August 2015 (MDT)
- Wait, so basically how it was before. Why did you remove the utility powers. Marasmusine (talk) 06:47, 18 August 2015 (MDT)