Talk:Spellfire Warrior (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
This is just a Rip-off of the Spellfire Channeler PrC in Magic of Faerun which if I rember correctly is not OGL. -The Class Ninja —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) 00:59, 10 March 2006 (MST). Please sign your posts!
- Not Quite. This class is actually a combination of the Spellfire Channeler and the Spellfire Heirophant, with additional abilities of my own making. While said classes are not OGL, they're abilities can be used in other OGL things. Using their abilities in another class does not in any way give someone the necessary stats to play one. And I find the term 'rip-off' rather offensive really. Most custom classes use abilities from other classes that have already been published. It's entirely normal. I felt the PrCs presented for Spellfire were utterly lacking and decided I wanted a Spellfire-based core class. I didn't rip-off anything. - Maverick Wolf —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) 22:10, 18 March 2006 (MST). Please sign your posts!
- My sentiments exactly.
- When I make varient classes, I tend to just see what the base class that I'm building off of is, and then build straight from there and edit it as I go along. Its simpler for me to think of my classes as "builds" rather than classes, at least untill I'm finished with them.
- The Spellfire Warrior is cool, but he's not my style. He seems more of a retributive character, and very reactive. "You get hit with blah." "Ha, I send it back for blah damage.". Not really my idea of a go-to character, but thats just my opinion.
- (Forgot to log in before I changed the page, sorry for any confusion, although I doubt there was any)
Maybe I'm just missing it, yet I can't see which HD he uses.
Some more fighter feat instead of spellfire focused one could improve the idea of "warrior" his name conveys...
- I cannot find it either, would HD would you recommend for this class? --Green Dragon 13:11, 28 January 2007 (MST)
- The Hit Dice can be found under the Class Abilities section, which apparently got a little clumped together and has now been separated. It uses a d8. --Maverick Wolf 09:57, 1 March 2007 (EST)
I went to rate this class and relized i have no idea what most of the abilities are. It sounds like Wheel of Time, but ive never read em (not that i dont want to) so i dont know whats going on. It would help if this was more informed or links were set so ignorant people like me may understand ^o^ ==Alabastor 08:30, 20 April 2007 (MDT)
- Hm... Seeing that this was added by an IP the abilities are not going to be explained by the author (most likely). So, can anyone decipher them? Does anyone want to spend the time deciphering them and re-writing them? If so, please do! --Green Dragon 13:31, 22 April 2007 (MDT)
- It's likely that the confusion in what the abilities are is related to the fact that this relies on Spellfire, which in a non-Open Game ability from the Forgotten Realms. As such, I cannot reproduce the abilities this is derived from. Spellfire is vaguely described in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting and a bit better detailed in Magic of Faerun. There is also a series of Spellfire novels, dealing with the only currently known Spellfire Wielder in Faerun.--Maverick_Wolf 13:52, 08 August 2007 (EST)
Thanks for the inspiration
I was going to use your Class in a campaign I'm beggining but I was afraid of the really high levels it can get. Plus there was no mechanic to keep them in line with other spell casters because I do think of a spellfire wielder as a spell user even if they don't actually cast spells. I'm also using fatigue rules and a spell point system and I decided it better to make my own Class. When I got stuck with what to do, I came here for inspiration. I'll see if I can post my Spellfire Preserver on the wiki here so I can get some constructive critisms (hopefully). --TreyOfRiveroak 01:31, 02 August 2009 (PST)
Power - 5/5 --184.108.40.206 14:53, 23 April 2009 (MDT)
Wording - 5/5 --220.127.116.11 14:53, 23 April 2009 (MDT)
Flavor - 5/5 --18.104.22.168 14:53, 23 April 2009 (MDT)
- You generally have to give a reason for rating it why you did, otherwise your ratings won't count (hence probably why your last set of ratings was deleted). -- Jota 17:08, 23 April 2009 (MDT)