Talk:Sniper Rifle (3.5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
Several things come together to make this item unplayable in actual DnD. It culminates a hardness three times that of ademantine with twice the hit points of an ordinary weapon, damage far beyond any other conceivable weapon, the threat range of the scimitar, falchion and rapier and the massive criticals of the scythe into a disastrous whole. Although with 20 pounds it does weigh more than about any other weapon meant for a medium creature, this meagre flaw does not warrant all these perks. --Sulacu 07:24, 19 November 2007 (MST)
- Yeah, and I question it's place in D&D. This is a game of elves and magic not guns. For that you have D20 Modern. And in D20 Modern, we already have rules for a sniper rifle. --Sam Kay 10:08, 19 November 2007 (MST)
- Well, I did try a blunderbus concept once before. If I can balance it out nicely, I might add it. --Sulacu 10:31, 19 November 2007 (MST)
- This does inspire me to attempt my own sniper-type class. I just realized a good way to go about the whole sniping aspect.. having it as a temporary increase in criticals. Say this weapon was 20/x4, and taking 3 rounds to study allowed you to increase the threat range to 18-20/x4 or the like. While this sniper rifle is obviously broken, it would do well for a long ranged sniper rifle weapon to be a high damage, high crit weapon (with low threat range). I'm thinking what basically amounts to an exotic, long range scythe.
- Much better than the other sniper rife (the broken overpowered one). --Sam Kay 13:53, 19 November 2007 (MST)
- Thanks! :D -- Eiji 13:55, 19 November 2007 (MST)
- ?... ah, why the change in the name of the creator? (I was rather proud of this piece, there really isn't anything in it that was taken from others). -- Eiji 04:56, 22 December 2007 (MST)
- Been as though you made this version, it should be under your name not Ktonos or anybody else. --Sam Kay 05:21, 22 December 2007 (MST)
- Most combat happens within 30ft, even in most long range combat. give it a x3 crit, -4 to hit within 10ft, and +4 to hit outside of 60ft.
- Done. -- Eiji 22:20, 19 November 2007 (MST)
- Thanks. --Green Dragon 23:15, 19 November 2007 (MST)
And the new Sniper class, Marksman...
- Me like. --220.127.116.11 07:22, 20 November 2007 (MST)