|In a matter of hours D&D Wiki be down for an extended period of time to perform necessary hardware upgrades.|
These hardware upgrades should address user's concerns including Talk:Main Page#Web Page Not Found Error and the database access times when saving, moving, and deleting pages. Please stand by.
Talk:Sixth Sense (3.5e Spell)
From D&D Wiki
My first custom spell. Feel free to let me know if it is either over/under powered, or anything else you feel needs to be changed about it, but I'd prefer to make the changes myself. Thanks. -natan_j —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 127.0.0.1 (talk • contribs) 20:21, 17 September 2006 (MST). Please sign your posts!
- Again, a little off topic, but I hope you do not mind. I formatted your item to D&D Wiki standards again, editing it, but I did not change any content around so I hope it is okay. --Green Dragon 22:40, 18 September 2006 (MDT)
- It might be good if you define what "intelligent life" is within the spell description. I'm guessing it's any creature with Int 3+ and Con 1+. —Sledged 13:38, 6 November 2006 (MST)
- "On topic," I would compare this spell to clairvoyance/clairaudience. This spell suffers slightly in utility, while having an advantage in range and negating the clairvoyance need for light. As written, i would thus make this a 3rd level spell. "Off topic," I would set the range to the normal "long," range (400 ft plus 40 ft per level). Also, your spell mentions a saving throw, but it is not described. If I were making this a 0 level spell, I would give it the same range as detect magic, and a similar effect. Something like "detect the presence or absence of life in the area in one round, detect number of living beings in second round, and detect the strength and location in the third round, with strength of life being based on mass not HD." This still might be a 1st level spell, (see detect evil), but could be determined in play. Aaror 04:55, 27 January 2007 (MST)
- So, to fix we need to make this a third level spell and the range long. Also, should the results be kept how they currently are or should they be made less powerful in your opinion? --Green Dragon 15:36, 27 January 2007 (MST)
- I would "copy," this spell, make one 3rd level, with normal long range, and a will save for each person scryed to avoid teh caster gaining any info beyond the info gained in the first round. This would be "Sixth Sense the second would be a 1st level spell, as I described it, and could be named "sense life." I could make it if you want, and just give Natan_j credit for the basis.Aaror 16:49, 29 January 2007 (MST)
- Sure, I say go ahead and make the changes you listed above. They make sense and should balance this out better. --Green Dragon 18:02, 29 January 2007 (MST)
- I made the changes (though I'm an idiot, took me three tries to do it). I also added V and S as spell componants, I hope that Natan_j will look this over. I could understand not requiring one or the other componant, but you need one or the other to cast a spell (probably S, as it is hard to hold a focus without a hand free).Aaror 18:56, 29 January 2007 (MST)
- I do not think Natan_j will look over this, so hopefully it is better. I think the componamnts should work like this. --Green Dragon 21:43, 29 January 2007 (MST)