Talk:Shield Fighter (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
couple problems, 1 overrunning and bull rushes as a size smaller seem really inneffective. a medium creature won't be able to run over anything. and the rapid shot with shields, how? are you carrying a bunch of shields? are you throwing a way all your defense and standing there like a chump? --Name Violation 07:18, 26 January 2010 (UTC)
Well overrun and bull rush can be used against creatures one size catagory larger... so a medium creature using the armadillo ball could still bull rush or overrun a medium creature... which is the most common size in D&D. and yes you'd be at least carrying 2 shields (depending on how many arms you have) I think I put the wrong thing... It was supposed to be far shot.. not rapid shot... whoops..--Akzeriuth 04:50, 4 February 2010 (UTC)
- "Armadillo: (for great bash path) more of a set of interlocking shields and armor, you can curl into an airtight ball. There is enough air for the creature to survive for an hour. Your size is effectivly reduced by one".
- that means a medium size creature is small for stuff. they wouldn't be overrunning anything but halflings gnomes and kobolds :P --Name Violation 05:07, 4 February 2010 (UTC)
umm... the rules say that you can bull rush and overrun an opponent of one size catagory LARGER then your size. a medium sized shield fighter using the armadillo could still run over a medium sized creature. Don't believe me look it up under bull rush or overrun.. nevermind I will post them here for you...
BULL RUSH You can make a bull rush as a standard action (an attack) or as part of a charge (see Charge, below). When you make a bull rush, you attempt to push an opponent straight back instead of damaging him. You can only bull rush an opponent who is one size category larger than you, the same size, or smaller.
OVERRUN You can attempt an overrun as a standard action taken during your move. (In general, you cannot take a standard action during a move; this is an exception.) With an overrun, you attempt to plow past or over your opponent (and move through his square) as you move. You can only overrun an opponent who is one size category larger than you, the same size, or smaller. --Akzeriuth 14:27, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
- yeah, but you count as small size so you have that -4. i really like the feel of this class, but would like to see a lot more added. there's just too many dead levels for my liking. also the armadillo shield wording is all kinds of murky. it says it takes amulet and necklace slots. those are the same thing. so i take it you cant wield 2 of them, but does that free up a hand? could you effectively wield 3 shields? also when paired with some of the shield feats from PH2 this class could really rock. adding shield bonus' to touch ac, disarm, and all opposed rolls. thats effed up, but awesome.
- i think the armor needs more stats, like armor check penalty, max dex bonus and spell failure chance. I was thinkin somethin like
|Fine||stuff gp||stuff gp||+2||? lb.||1|
|Diminutive||stuff gp||stuff gp||+2||? lb.||3|
|Tiny||stuff gp||stuff gp||+2||? lb.||6|
|Small||stuff gp||stuff gp||+6||? lb.||12|
|Medium||stuff gp||stuff gp||+6||?? lb.||25|
|Large||stuff gp||stuff gp||+6||??? lb.||50|
|Huge||stuff gp||stuff gp||+6||??? lb.||100|
|Gargantuan||stuff gp||stuff gp||+6||??? lb.||200|
|Colossal||stuff gp||stuff gp||+6||360 lb.||400|
Sound ok? also should it be medium or heavy armor? also what about giving them, the ability all shields they weild count as if they had the bashing enchantment. you could also make it a path ability and add returning for the throwers (or ranged enchantment from item compendium). also maybe letting them add the shields enhancement as a to hit/damage bonus. If you don't mind I'd love to add a few things to this class later. what about changing the changing size to read "is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as Hide), they are treated as one size smaller if doing so is advantageous to the character"--Name Violation 20:43, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
- sorry, i read everything backwards or something.--Name Violation 23:49, 12 February 2010 (UTC)
HOLY CRAP!!! I LIKE!! I would never have thought of just about any of that.. THANK YOU! --22.214.171.124 13:22, 21 February 2010 (UTC)
Not worked on in more than 6 months considering adopting this when I get a chance. Tivanir 12:51, 23 March 2012 (MDT)