Talk:Rod of Chance (3.5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
I feel that a more professional name would sound a little better, like "Rod of Chance" of something along those lines. Ideas? --Green Dragon 00:44, 11 February 2008 (MST)
- Is there a effect that turns my power level over 9000? And I second what Green Dragon said-- Flession 02:01, 11 February 2008 (MST)
- Also "Wielder becomes god" (last one) is strange. D&D is not monotheistic, so this makes little sense. Maybe making the wielder become a demi-god or something along those lines would be better... --Green Dragon 02:05, 11 February 2008 (MST)
- I wrote this long ago so pretty much as table humor so I used the old name without thinking a make over wouldn't be a problem (new name and such) but not sure If I could be bothered thinking of a new name rod of chance is fine if you want to change it. Also yet again this was table humor so the last entry is a joke but I can see how you could miss it its 2d% die roll and the last entry is 201 you cannot get 201. I don't know if I'm making much sense my apologies if i am not. Hawk 05:57, 11 February 2008 (MST)
- I have changed the name. I did not see that that the last one was number 201 (I was just browsing though and looked at the last one, not the number), however now that I do it adds some humor. I say keep it. --Green Dragon 12:56, 11 February 2008 (MST)
- I thought it was funny lol. I do like 200 (which is possible) the random plane and new DM. I just love the concept of having a planar campaign with ever changing DMs (or any sort of campaign), It would be like those stories you take turns in writing, I"ve never had a chance to try it though. Hawk 17:51, 11 February 2008 (MST)
- Yeah but one of the members would have to have a campaign already planned. Could be a problem.--220.127.116.11 10:47, 23 October 2008 (MDT)
what happens if the weilder doesnt find a mirror? --Jack Bread 14:54, 30 July 2008 (MDT)
- That one does need more explanation--18.104.22.168 10:47, 23 October 2008 (MDT).
 Add more?
Is it possible to add more effects or is this the limit?--22.214.171.124 10:44, 23 October 2008 (MDT)
- Well, unless you added 100 more to keep it usable (changing it from 2d% to 3d% and upping the minimum roll to 3 instead of 2) I might recommend if you want to simply make a Rod of Chance II instead of messing around with this one.--Ganteka 11:02, 23 October 2008 (MDT)
- Note that 2d% and 3d% bell curve the roll. The more d%s you add, the more likely the rolls will tend towards the middle. --Aarnott 12:55, 23 October 2008 (MDT)
- How much does the thing cost is my question. --WolfDancer 11:40, 20 June 2009