Talk:Report Errors or Problems in the SRD
From D&D Wiki
I was browsing through the SRD, and I noticed some sections that have the errata applied to them (specifically alternate form). This gave me some ideas I've been kicking around in my head:
- I noticed that the lines that WotC deleted from the rules have strikethroughs instead of just being removed. How about in addition, making the added lines standout somehow; underline? slightly larger text? different color?
- Sometimes when browsing through the SRD/Core Rule Books, people spot things that don't look right. I know specifically that many SRD monsters have oddly allocated skill points/modifiers. We could have a page that has a running list of discrepancies, and the status of each ("fixed", "not a mistake", "fix & reported to WotC", etc...).
- Each page that has changes applied to it cites a reference to the correcting authority, or have a breakdown of how a stat or modifier was calculated.
Sound good, bad, or other? —Sledged 12:35, 29 August 2006 (MDT)
- The whole idea of strike-throughs was so that readers could more-easily spot the polymorph errata. Highlighting the new text makes sense, and since I have to reapply these changes after the most recent set of creature edits, it should be fairly easy to do.
- The version of the SRD that I am using already has most errata incorporated, so marking all the changes from the first version would be quite difficult for me.
- I'd be willing to help here. I've got a pre-errata copy of the SRD, so all I'd have to do is go through the errata, find where in the SRD the corrected sections are, and compare post and pre-errata SRDs. Any preference on highlight color? I was think of using this background color to highlight the added text. —Sledged 16:30, 5 October 2006 (MDT)
- I have fixed numerous small errors, but I have made little effort to document those changes. To more fully annotate the SRD is a huge task, and one that I am not up to. However, we do have a discussions page for each page, which is where I put my commentaries on any particular entry.
- I think it best if we add a page for Report Errors or Problems in the SRD. We should carry on any further discussion on that page. --Dmilewski 13:27, 29 August 2006 (MDT)
- This looks useful and good, just don't know how much use it will get... --Green Dragon 19:46, 29 August 2006 (MDT)