Talk:Obliterate (3.5e Epic Spell)
From D&D Wiki
Posted on the Boards:
This spell was taken from the Wizards Boards with permission, here is the thread related to this spell: 
--Green Dragon 13:33, 26 March 2006 (MST)
This seems epic to me. It exceeds the limitations of the wish spell. --Dmilewski 18:00, 28 February 2007 (MST)
- I agree. --Green Dragon 20:32, 28 February 2007 (MST)
- I did a little restructuring to make it epic. It is missing many values. I changed it to Universal, as it seems more like wish than any sort of Necromancy. --Dmilewski 08:31, 1 March 2007 (MST)
- What do you think a good Spellcraft DC would be? --Green Dragon 16:13, 1 March 2007 (MST)
- Big. Well, I haven't done the math yet but I figure the seeds you need are Destroy (to eliminate the body), Compel (to remove memory of them and replace any deeds done by them as being done by 'some guy'), and something to destroy the soul (an ad hoc of the Destroy seed again). And of course Permanent. I don't see it being anything less than 400 right there. -- Eiji 16:28, 2 October 2007 (MDT)
This spell is the exact same as the unname spell (spell lv 9th for wizard and sorceror) in "tome of magic: pact, shadow and truename" it has no xp cost but you must speak their truename (skill trained) and it is a full round action. also no material component. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 16:13, 2 October 2007 (MDT). Please sign your posts!
- no focus + no dc to prevent forgeting —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 10:12, 8 October 2007(MDT). Please sign your posts!
- Feel free to change this spell as it is very overpowered. It needs to be changed, and if you can see any area where this can be done, by all means, please fix it. Thanks. --Green Dragon 17:54, 30 October 2007 (MDT)
May be i would help?
thats what i've done and renamed it :D
Divination, Transmutation, Transmutation [Teleportation]
Spellcraft DC: 120
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: Personal, touch
Target: You, touch (living spell), one creature or 10-foot cube of a nonliving matter
Duration: Concentration, instantaneous, 5 rounds (still problems with right order)
Saving Throw: Fortitude half
Spell Resistance: Yes
To Develop: 1,080,000 gp; 22 days; 43,200 XP. Seeds: foresee (DC 23, see below), transport (DC 27), life (DC 27), destroy (DC 29). Factors: anyplace transporting (ad hoc +6 DC), time travel (ad hoc +8 DC), giving life to spell (ad hoc x2 DC). Mitigating factors: backlash damage 20d6 (-20 DC), burn 10,000 XP (-100 DC).
The unmaking spell consists of four steps: 1) you use the foresee seed as concentration action to learn where and when the target was born/created – it may take up to 10 rounds, one round for each question. 2) Then you use the destroy seed to create a destructive impulse which does 20d6 damage and 3) life seed to give life to it. 4) And sum of all, you touch the living destroy seed (it's where the backlash damage belongs to) and it is transported to the time and place where the target was born/created, seeks the recently born/created target and pulverizes it (sure it'll be dead). So, in future (your time) it just doesn't exist.
The only problem is - there are 10 questions you can ask for the destination! Pick questions wisely. And i don't think that DM shall allow such an imbalance.