Talk:Mule (3.5e Prestige Class)
From D&D Wiki
 Sample NPC
- Definitely! What race is Nodwick though? He is short enough... --Aarnott 14:48, 1 April 2008 (MDT)
- Awesome! Done :). Now to make Nodwick (once my stupid tech writing course is done). --Aarnott 19:12, 1 April 2008 (MDT)
- I've never been a fan of that difference in terminology. I don't really feel that "entry" is the right word for describing the process of becoming a member of a PrC. I was writing this one in notepad a long time ago, however, and waiting until today to post it (which is why this class is not formatted like other PrCs). It really isn't a priority I don't think. It is just a joke and really isn't supposed to be an exemplary article ;). --Aarnott 20:03, 1 April 2008 (MDT)
 Parade today! Weather forecast: rain
Maybe this makes me a jerk (I'm pretty sure it does), but this PrC leaves a lot of questions. Here are a few of mine (in no order at all):
- What is a "stability check"? It can't be balance, that isn't a class skill.
- Katamari? Do we need a copyright template on this page?
- Thrown by an ally? Dwarves weigh 200 lbs, plus the (literal) ton of stuff they are carrying, who can throw that?
- 50% of the loot? By mass, volume, or worth? Is there a minimum value?
- If your dwarf had 18 STR at level 1, after taking this PrC, he'd have a STR of 40(+1 at level 4, +1 at level 8, +20 by level 5 of Mule). A heavy load is 4,272 lbs. He's not gonna get that unless he starts collecting boulders, which will take up room in his bag, which his party won't like. Plus, the boulders might get their stuff dusty.
- Why does he get the primo BAB progression? He should get the same as wizard (both are non-combatants).
- Will this large encumbrance hamper the dwarves' ability to examine rocks? They are good at that too.
- No Weapon and armor proficiency?
- Class skills include Swim? Really? More like Swim.
- Why is there a BAB entry requirement? It's not like they're gonna hit anything anyway.
- Did you just pick the d12 HD because it's the same shape as a dwarf? That's not funny...
- I'd give him Survival as a class skill, because with all the stuff he's carrying he's gotta be prepared for anything.
- What is this PrC ever going to ride? A blue whale? That brings us back to dwarves and water (see above).
As you can see, this PrC isn't anywhere near playable. Ok, so for the record, I'm kidding. Our dwarf fighter was the same way. We bought a cart, but didn't have enough money to buy an actual mule. She had to pull the wagon until I (the rogue) could steal one. --Badger 20:10, 24 November 2009 (MST)