Talk:Maug (4e Race)
From D&D Wiki
You may want to rethink using the Oversized trait. I know the designers had said that was one of several traits from the NPC write-ups in the MM that really should remain for NPCs only. I know I've seen it in action and it can be unbalancing. -- Sepsis 20:08, 15 December 2008 (MST)
I was thinking you may want to reword the effect to something more like the Cleric's Cascade of Light power. -- Sepsis 20:25, 15 December 2008 (MST)
I still think this race needs a little work (perhaps after playtesting) to get it mechanically right, but it "feels" close to completion, but not quite finished. -- Sepsis 16:51, 4 March 2009 (MST)
- I have
- Added an image
- Removed "Expansive Memory" which does nothing (you recharge all your encounter powers at the end of an extended rest anyway)
- Removed "Towering Giant of the Mountains" because it didn't make any sense.
- Changed Pulverise range to 1, since "touch" is used for non-attack powers
- Added a trait that gives it damage resistance against the first attack that hits it - this is to try and capture the feeling that its a big thing made of rock.
- It could do with some supporting utility powers and feats, but otherwise I've removed the stub template. Marasmusine (talk) 02:10, 5 December 2014 (MST)