Talk:Lupis (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Original Version
Author Asked for this to be added here.
 The Lupis
During the time now known as the sundering, when the humans had declared war on the lupines, a sect of lupines left. They named themselves the lupis, and retreated to a secluded mountain range. After the war was over, the came out, but their time in the range had changed them. They were taller, stronger, but were less intelligent. They were faster, and more aligned with the moonlight.
 Lupis Racial Traits:
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence: Lupis are quick, but their minds are slow.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Lupis have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Lupis base land speed is 30 feet. However, Lupis in light or no armor can move at a speed of 40 feet when on all fours.
- Wild Sense: All Lupis have a +2 racial bonus to survival checks, and survival is always treated as a class skill for them.
- Lunar Affinity: Lupis gain a +1 to attacks and damage when immersed in moonlight.
- Quadruped: Lupis in light or no armor can move at a speed of 40 feet in a prone position, and the penalties that are incurred for being prone are halved (-2 to attacks and ac).
- Unusual Form: Armor fitted for creatures with human body types won't fit a Lupis. Only exotic armor, specially crafted for Lupis can fit them (+50% base price).
- Bite: Lupis have a natural bite attack (d4), with which they are proficient.
- Scent: All Lupis have scent, as the special quality.
- Fur: All Lupis have a thick coat of fur. This provides a +4 bonus on fortitude saves to resist the effects of a cold environment.
- Immunity to Lycanthropy: All Lupis are completely immune to Lycanthropy.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Lupin.
- Favored Class: Ranger. A multiclass lupis's ranger class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing (see XP for Multiclass Characters, PHB page 60). Lupis are natural hunters.