Talk:Lore of Arda (3.5e Campaign Setting)
From D&D Wiki
I think that it would be better if you created a central "main" page for the campaign setting with links to subpages wich have the actual content on them (like the wikiworld and LotR CS are organised). I like the name... "Lore of the World That Is". (Arda is from one of the elven dialects, meaning "The World That Is"). --Sam Kay 09:01, 16 December 2007 (MST)
- Another thing, there is stuff published by wizards that is not part of the Open Game License v1.0a. Simply put, we cannot put any stuff by wizards of the coast on here that is not core stuff so you will need to remove it (like the mind over body feat).
- You also stated that you wished for people to not edit the page. If you want, the page can be protected from IP edits so only users and admins can edit the page. --Sam Kay 09:18, 16 December 2007 (MST)
- I'm rather new to the whole wiki thing and I don't know how to do the main page/subpages. And actually that's where I got the name, I downloaded (and printed out, still have and use it too) the Grey Company's English to Elven dictionary years ago and it had it listed as Arda simply meaning Earth. At the time I had expected it to be a small, one game world so I figured I'd go with it but I like your version better :].
- The only reason I posted the Mind over Body feat was for a player in one of my online games who doesn't have any of the Forgotten Realms books. I've gone in and changed the name and some of the wording a bit to make it a custom feat so hopefully that will be acceptable. As for banning IP edits, I've read that it can be done, but again I'm still new to wiki editing. So far everyone's been kind enough to respect my wishes.
--Tommy19 12:06, 16 December 2007 (MST)
- The Mind Over Body feat is not really a hugely important feat anyway, so I do not think its absence will matter much. But we still cannot have the feat. I know it is a shame: we nearly could not have an LotR Setting (the only reason we can is because of the rather obscure free use law), and that was really annoying (luckily I knew about free use). Sadly Mind Over Body does not qualify for free use. --Sam Kay 12:31, 16 December 2007 (MST)
You have said that you don't want anyone to edit this campaign setting. What if we see spelling mistakes? Is editing allowed then? You spelled "existence" and "prominent" wrong under "The Creation of the World". You also spelled "plague" wrong in the timeline. Oh, and in your caste system, the Ordained Mages have the same description as the Military Officers. What about the fact that you can merge the link you have about airstones into the phrase you're using it in? All of these things (and many more, as I keep finding them) make your page "better" without changing any of the content.--Ramses IV 19:07, 27 December 2007 (MST)
- Yeah my spelling sucks and somehow there are still times my Firefox spell check doesn't pick it up. :@ Spelling edits I don't have a problem with. It's just major edits I want people to suggest rather than just doing themselves. I'm really kinda new at wiki's so if you know of ways to make the page better by all means go right ahead, just please don't significantly change any of the context. :] PS. Thanks for adding the picture to Nemis's entry for me --Tommy19 19:20, 27 December 2007 (MST)
- Thanks, and the picture I did a while ago. Wasn't aware it was attached to this setting. Overall it looks good though.--Ramses IV 19:22, 27 December 2007 (MST)
 Drow of the Underdark
You say Drow of the Underdark is an allowed book in the CS. Might I suggest that you add Underdark as well for the section about travelling in the Underdark (and the various races etc. that can be found there?) --Sam Kay 04:34, 29 December 2007 (MST)
- Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do that. --Tommy19 14:45, 31 December 2007 (MST)
 Homebrew Content
Hi Tommy19 I saw on the arda page you wanted to use homebrew content with permission of the makers. I give you full rights to use my homebrew items (altough i only made one item up to now) It would be handy for everyone here to give permission through this talk page when they want (or don't care) that it is used. --Megawriter 08:31, 6 January 2008 (MST)
- Oh didn know that well keep up the good work tommy19 --Megawriter 08:54, 6 January 2008 (MST)
- As long as he does not take permission for making it, it is okay for him to include it in his campaign. All it is is free advertising for the maker of the item in question :). --Green Dragon 12:35, 6 January 2008 (MST)
 Deities Stubs
I noticed that an awful lot of your deities (if not all) were stubs... I was just wondering if you wanted a little help fleshing them out. If so, just leave me a message on my usertalk.
--DaMightyGreenWarrior 07:07, 4 April 2008 (MDT)
This page is extremely long. I would recommend breaking it down into categorized articles for ease of navigation to those who come to read it. For examples, see Endhaven (3.5e Campaign Setting) or Valgora. I think with that done it will make the setting a million times more managable for you. If you need any help just let me know. 07:56, 17 December 2008 (MST)
As I stated earlier, some wikifying does need to be done. However, there is some good information here, just hard for a user to find.08:23, 18 December 2008 (MST)