Talk:Lord of the Dead (3.5e Prestige Class)
From D&D Wiki
Alright, I saw this was on the to-do list, and had some time to help out... not sure if non-admins are supposed to do this... and I hope I didn't butcher it too badly haha.Furbuggy 16:52, 15 April 2007 (MDT)
- Made about 20billion changes to the article, cleaning it up and stuff. Still needs more work. Furbuggy 18:02, 15 April 2007 (MDT)
- Better? --Green Dragon 23:07, 16 April 2007 (MDT)
 Balance 7/10
Not sure about balance here or even if I should be the one who puts it in, but it seems to me this is pretty balanced. It is basically the Mystic Theurge- it trades the 1st and 10th level of double classing for a few special abilities. The latter seems to out weigh the first, so I gave it a 7/10, because it seemed reasonable. However... the requirements seem a little low. Maybe make the minimum level be somewhere in the 6-8 range? Please someone check this- I am not sure about this. Furbuggy 17:38, 15 April 2007 (MDT)
 To Do
A bunch of things need to be cleaned up. For example:
- Include the BA, saves, etc. in the class table.
- The abilities need to be formatted (individually).
- The overall structure of the article needs to be organized. For an example, see the Courier (DnD Prestige Class).
–EldritchNumen 21:25, 15 April 2007 (MDT)
- Should now be better... --Green Dragon 23:10, 16 April 2007 (MDT)
- I cleaned up a lot of the spelling and grammatical errors, mostly involving capitalization and what-not. I replaced many of the unimportant "lord of the dead"s with just "Lord". Personally, I believe that the whole prestige class should be renamed to something less tedious, such as "Death Lord," or something. I also changed all the "his/her"s to just "his". The opening flavor text desperately needs to be cleaned up, as it is redundant and repetitive (it says "believes/knows that true power comes from" three times), and is just really over-complicated. I'm not sure what the author was going for, so I'll leave it alone for now. DancingZombies 10:43, 18 April 2007 (MDT)
- Hm... Are you sure you would not like to give the flavor text a stab at? I think it needs to be made better as well... --Green Dragon 17:04, 19 April 2007 (MDT)
- I worked on it a bit. Furbuggy 04:49, 20 April 2007 (MDT)
- It is looking better, now a part about Lord of the Dead's as NPCs and what classes are the most common choices is needed to finish the desciption area. --Green Dragon 09:44, 20 April 2007 (MDT)
 the class
this is a great class idea the problem is that to attain the "lich" template you have to be lvl 20 where it only requires lvl 11 and you have to have 5 levels of cleric and wizard to even take it another way to do basicly the same thing is to take 3 wizard and 3 cleric and go mystic thurge and gain the template in 4 class levels when broke down so that you are a lich at lvl 15 so maybe to make this worth taking lower the requirements to the same as a mystic thurge but that is just an idea