Talk:Koopa Troopa (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
The stats of the creature are not calculated right.
- Aren't they supposed to be Monstrous Humanoids, rather than "normal" humanoids? If yes, they get 1 level of monstrous humanoid, which grants:
- 8-sided Hit Dice.
- Base attack bonus equal to total Hit Dice (as fighter).
- Good Reflex and Will saves.
- Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Proficient with all simple weapons and any weapons mentioned in its entry.
- Proficient with whatever type of armor (light, medium, or heavy) it is described as wearing, as well as all lighter types. Monstrous humanoids not indicated as wearing armor are not proficient with armor. Monstrous humanoids are proficient with shields if they are proficient with any form of armor.
That means +1 BAB, Fort +0/Ref +2/Will +2
- If Dex is 12 they get a +1 Dex bonus to AC and +1 Initiative
- Base AC is 10, 11 with +1 Dex. A +13 natural AC bonus would mean they have AC 24 (too much).
- Don't just give them saves at random, use the above base save and apply ability modifiers
- How much damage does that spin attack do?
- They would get 12 skill points, although I think Int 13 is much too high.
- For a Mario game, just spinning is okay, but if they are supposed to be D&D monsters they should also have a normal claw attack or something like that.
--Mkill 20:32, 2 July 2007 (MDT)
- Looks okay now, except for the natural attack. Koopas have a +1 BAB and a +3 Str bonus, so natural attacks should have +4 attack and 1dX+3 damage. --Mkill 03:43, 23 July 2007 (MDT)