Talk:Kamikaze (3.5e Prestige Class)
From D&D Wiki
"This process must performed by an arcane spellcaster with at least 8 ranks in Craft (alchemy)."
-Why is being an arcane spellcaster necessary? The ranks in craft should be enough (maybe stipulate that the one performing the procedure cannot be the Kamikaze to be)
"Fire Resistance (Ex): A kamikaze gains fire resistance equal to 3 times their character level. "
- Is this total character level, or only levels in Kamikaze? Also, maybe state that it overlaps with the resist spells
- GaaaaaH 22:58, 3 July 2009 (MDT)
- It is character level, so the total character level, this is to prevent the class from sucking if taken at a higher level. And i agree, why should it be an arcane spellcaster, it shall be changed. thank you for the imput, any other suggestions, what do you think of the class?Summerscythe 23:05, 3 July 2009 (MDT)
- Doesn't feel all that good--after all, it makes most other (base) classes' class abilities useless if you focus on using the Kamikaze's abilities. Furthermore, 1d6 damage per character level is fairly low, especially at high levels where meleers are often expected to put out damage in the hundreds. (20d6 = 70 damage on average) Ghostwheel 08:09, 5 July 2009 (MDT)
- My argument for that would be that there is a range to the explosions, encompassing more creatures than normal melee characters. Also, the fact that there is a risk of hurting yourself means there is a trade off for using your abilities, which might make other class abilities seem more appealing at times. However, you do make a point. The d6's are there simple because most fire damage, actually, im pretty sure almost all fire damage is dealt in d6s. What would you suggest? I value your opinion.Summerscythe 09:20, 5 July 2009 (MDT)
You should change the class so that the explosions deal 1d10 per character level and the fire resistance is equal to five times your character level.
- The ability to Bull Rush as a move action would be a really sweet capstone, allowing classes to charge/move, and then attack or initiate a martial strike. Ghostwheel 23:43, 5 July 2009 (MDT)
Power - 5/5 I give this class a 5 out of 5 because this class is, quite honestly, awesome. Being able to make explosions in 3 or 4 different ways gives this class an interesting touch of versatility, and the fact that the class negates fire resistance is awesome, considering so many things have fire resistance. If there were only one thing I would change though, it would be the range, considering that fireball allows a character to deal a 20 foot wide explosion a single level before this PrC gets the ability to deal the damage to a single square, of course, it also gets a good bit of survivability, so, I haven't counted off for that. → Rith (talk) 00:22, 13 July 2009 (MDT)
Formatting - 3.75/5 I give this class a 3.75 out of 5 because interwiki linking is beautiful, only one section is missing, and the skills of this class haven't been filled out yet.→ Rith (talk) 00:22, 13 July 2009 (MDT)