Talk:Huge Monstrous Spider (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
Are the challenge ratings for this ballanced? I am not sure, as I have little experience in making creatures. Just to clarify, the creatures statistics are formulated in the same way as a dragon's are. This version of the Monstrous Spider statistics format in the growth of a monstrous spider to medium size, and allow it to get stronger if desired. --Sam Kay 11:38, 2 March 2008 (MST)
- Vorpal Tribble's Challenge Rating Calculator is the following:
- 1. Divide creature's average HP by 4.5 to 6.5. 4.5 for 5 HD or lower, 5 for 6-10 HD, 5.5 for 11-15 HD, 6 for 16-20 HD., 6.5 for 20-25+ HD.
- 2. Add 1 for each five points above 10 its AC is, subtracting 1 for every 5 below.
- 3. Add 1 for each special attack (+2 to +5 or more if its got a decent number of spells in its spell-like abilities).
- 4. Add 1 for each quality unless you deem it worthy of more. Add 1 for each resistance and 10 points of DR it has, and 2 for each immunity. Subtract 1 for each vulnerability.
- 5. Add 1 for every two bonus feats it has.
- 6. Divide total by 3. This should be its rough CR