Talk:Frost Knight (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
Fire Effect Category?
I don't understand how it happened, but this class is somehow categorized under "Fire Effect". If someone can locate the source and remove it, it would be greatly appreciated. - ThunderGod Cid 14:03, 2 May 2009 (MDT)
- Got it for you. When linked to a category remember to add a colon after the brackets. --Green Dragon 09:36, 5 May 2009 (MDT)
Power - 4/5 I give this class a 5 out of 5 because it is well balanced throughout low and higher levels. However it may be slightly overpowered in campaigns heavy with arctic or ice themes. --22.214.171.124 19:59, 7 August 2009 (MDT)
Wording - 4/5 I give this class a 5 out of 5 because it is explained very well with good reference and descriptions. An info is good but incomplete. --126.96.36.199 19:59, 7 August 2009 (MDT)
- Just a tip: an incomplete section (which I admit have have often because I'm too lazy to make NPC's) are normally rated under formatting, not wording. - TG Cid 21:18, 7 August 2009 (MDT)
Flavor - 5/5 I give this class a 5 out of 5 because while it is a variant of another class it is still unique and imaginative with great roleplay potential. --188.8.131.52 19:59, 7 August 2009 (MDT)
You have a strange save set, and so I was wondering if that was a mistake or on purpose. Also, the Frost Knight never actually gets the psychoportation feat or some other prerequisites to abilities. Should we assume that the skills and feats that are received as class abilities bypass prerequisites? Also, what would be the save DC for an iceberg?
- The strange save set was probably an error of inexperience on my part since it was made so long ago; it was also based off of another class that had a similar save set. In an actual game, I would likely replace them with all good saves or good Fortitude and Reflex, since I now know that saves can't be anything but good or bad, nothing in between.
- I would assume that they bypass prerequisites as well. Although one could argue it's cheating the system of prerequisities, the fact that the ability is not giving you an open-ended choice (a la rogue bonus feat) means there aren't any crazy loopholes to the extent of my knowledge.
- Save DC for the iceberg effect is stated to be equal to the frost knight's level plus his Charisma modifer. Like the saves, it's extremely irregular, but it's there.
- Thanks for the interest; I hope this helped. - TG Cid 20:41, 18 April 2011 (MDT)
Power - 3/5 I give this class a 5 out of 5 because this is a very powerful base class. A normal fighter would have problems dealing with the huge amount of instant damage this class is able to deal out at mid level. --03:53, 9 December 2011 (MST)
Wording - 4/5 I give this class a 4 out of 5 because I am no spell checker but I could clearly understand the affects, intentions and rules associated with this class. --03:53, 9 December 2011 (MST)
Formatting - 4/5 I give this class a 4 out of 5 because everything is there except for NPC and some finishing touches. -- 03:53, 9 December 2011 (MST)
Flavor - 5/5 I give this class a 5 out of 5 because even though it is a counter to another posters idea it is interesting. The fluff is understandable and makes sense. --03:53, 9 December 2011 (MST)
- As a side note: I would like to hear your comments on my own work. Check my user page for my submissions.
Should Be Prestige Class
too specific to be base class