Talk:Fire Disciple (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
Power - 5/5 I give this class a 5 out of 5 because it seems like a very well balanced class and is not too strong or too weak in any areas --Lord Ajihad 14:53, 15 July 2009 (MDT)
Wording - 4/5 I give this class a 4 out of 5 because the class seems very appealing and easy to understand, but alot of the paragraphs are too short. --Lord Ajihad 14:53, 15 July 2009 (MDT)
Flavor - 5/5 I give this class a 5 out of 5 because the class is overal very appealing, and I was instantly drawn in too it. --Lord Ajihad 14:53, 15 July 2009 (MDT)
Here we go.
- Fiery Discipline is poorly written. Do all spells with the Fire keyword apply? Any effect that causes fire damage?
- What kind of action is Fiery Blast? Assuming it's standard, that's decent damage at level 2, but is way too weak at all other levels. And what does the chart have it as a "+2d8" ?
- The Fire Resistance also scales far too slowly. 10 at level 4 is a pretty nice bit, but 40 at level 16 is just way too low. People can easily make themselves fire immune at these levels.
- Fiery Weapon is just a bad idea overall. Why tie the damage in together, so that shooting out a blast of fire will never be good? If anything, you want to separate the damages of the two.
- Instantly control ALL creatures of the fire subtype? At least make a save, duration, etc involved.
Overall, with the middling class features and extremely weak power list, this class seems quite underpowered and a bit boring. Dragon Child 15:00, 15 July 2009 (MDT)
- Thanks I'll try to fix the problems. --Io 07:17, 17 July 2009 (MDT)
Wording - 3.5/5 I give this class a 3.5 out of 5 because:
- lower (should be low)
- capitalizing mundane weapons
- Table: <-Class Name->
- capitalize Charisma
- capitalize Reflex
- the Reflex what
- modifier (lower case)
- capitalize Will
- creature (lower case)
- Will (capitalized)
- on (should be one)
- looses (loses)
- in creases
-- Jota 11:59, 17 July 2009 (MDT)
Flavor - 2/5 I give this class a 2 out of 5 because all the fluff's been cut out. Where's my delicious fluff!? --Jota 11:59, 17 July 2009 (MDT)
Fire Disciple Powers
Balance - 4/5 I give this class a 4 out of 5 because the fiery blast is too powerful if it can be used indefinitely, the fire resistance should increase gradually and not by 20's, and the class doesn't get fire immunity eventually, as it should. --220.127.116.11 14:14, 19 June 2014 (MDT)
Wording - 4/5 I give this class a 4 out of 5 because of a couple spelling mistakes. --18.104.22.168 14:14, 19 June 2014 (MDT)
Flavor - 4/5 I give this class a 4 out of 5 because it is similar to the pyromancer prestige class from EPH. --22.214.171.124 14:14, 19 June 2014 (MDT)