Talk:Feral Shifter (3.5e Optimized Character Build)
From D&D Wiki
Time Stand Still
How do you get Time Stand Still? 10 levels of swordsage and 10 other levels creat a initiatorlevel of 15 and you need an initiatorlevel of 17 to execute 9th level maneuvers. --EvilShade 14:22, 21 January 2010
And just another question: Where do i find the Weretouched Master class, and the Swiftwing Shifter race?
-- The levels as Bloodclaw master are added complete to his initiatorlevel, so his Initiatorlevel is 17 in the end which is enough to execute Time stands Still.
Does this effect every offhand attack as long as you've hit at least once with your primary hand, or just once per round? Because if it's the former, that's a LOT of damage I'm not adding on the examples... --Ghostwheel 10:39, 30 July 2009 (MDT)
Why Mithral breastplate? Why not Mithral Chain Shirt of Nimbleness (same AC, no ACP)? Thistledown Padded of Nimbleness (+4 net ac, no ACP)? Twist Cloth Armor (no max dex!)? Or bracers of armor... -2 armor to AC, no ACP, +11 dex over the mitral breastplate (and it is cheaper). That is +9 AC. --22.214.171.124 08:58, 20 August 2009 (MDT)
- Oh and you can get a monk's belt with bracers of armor. --126.96.36.199 09:01, 20 August 2009 (MDT)
- *nod* I suppose you could switch out Improved Two-Weapon Defense for Exotic Armor Proficiency. At lower levels your dex isn't going to be high enough to warrant the increase in max AC, but Twisted Cloth armor would be great at higher levels. I'll add it as a variant at the bottom, thanks for the suggestion. --Ghostwheel 13:02, 20 August 2009 (MDT)
- twisted cloth doesn't require a feat to use. It has a null armor check penalty. the feat just adds the armor bonus to touch ac. --188.8.131.52 14:18, 20 August 2009 (MDT)
- Ah, good point. BTW, Swordsage wis-to-AC works only in light armor, so the most optimal solution would probably be Twist Cloth armor (nonmagical) when combined with +8 Bracers of Armor for 10 (Base) + 8 (Armor) + 17 (Dex) + 6 (Wis) + 5 (Ring of Protection) + 5 (Amulet of Natural Armor) + 2 (Improved Two-Weapon Defense) = 53 AC. --Ghostwheel 14:21, 20 August 2009 (MDT)
- you still get the enhancement bonus of the armor to ac. you can add another +5 there with magic vestment. --184.108.40.206 18:34, 20 August 2009 (MDT)
- Unfortunately, both the armor and bracers of armor give an armor bonus to AC, which means they don't stack together. --Ghostwheel 20:29, 20 August 2009 (MDT)