Talk:Faestir (4e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Looks like this is supposed to be a 3.5 race. If it is intended for 4e, let me know and I can propose some changes to make it work. Marasmusine 10:33, 22 January 2012 (MST)
I think the people who were helping me were indeed going of of 3.5. What would be the major differences between 3.5 and 4E for them. Also, I do like some of the changes you made to the skills etc. Do you not think given their pretense to jumping though that would be more a encounter power instead of a normal mode of transit since they could, theoretically, jump from point to point if needed without an encounter. (This would be useful in say, dungeons, were mere climbing using their claws wouldn't work.) Also I was confused by this part:
Play an <!-pluralized racial name-> if you want...
To be a member of a race that favors the <!-classes-> classes.
- Yeah, if you're not familiar with the 4e race description layout or classes, that's going to be tricky. I should be able to sort something out for you.
- A encounter power for leaping is an excellent idea. Something like:
|Faestir Leap||Faestir Racial Power|
|Effect: You make an athletics check to jump with a +10 power bonus. The distance you jump cannot exceed your speed.|
- (That translates to an extra 1 to 2 squares on a long jump, or 1 to 2 feet on a high jump Marasmusine 05:24, 25 January 2012 (MST)
What about using a leap for a free action in non combat, say for scaling something of a certain height, is that possible as well? And I apologize for my lack of familiarity.
- Even in non-combat it would still be a "move action". You could limit the athletics bonus to just high jumps if you wish, if that is more flavourful. Marasmusine 11:14, 25 January 2012 (MST)
I dont think I want to limit the athletics since its a part of their being even given the high jump, I could just include the fact that the high Jump may be used as a movement, correct?
Are there other class features, skills things like that you can suggest I look into to add to their repertoire? What sort of traits can you suggest for that list where you said add anything you want, can you truly have no limit?
I added a "special" to the leap, I would like it to at least have a chance for higher critical rolls or to help increase critical damage until end of turn or encounter. The latter would be only for if a person is using a spear/glaive.
- The special breaks it. You're giving a free attack (since attacks normally require a standard action). "that is equal to a critical hit" I don't understand - an automatic critical hit? Extremely broken. Generally you shouldn't mess with the critical hit system. I'd suggest allowing it to be used in conjunction with a charge instead.
You are right of course. What I meant by critical hit was something to help rally others around them with like, an extra damage roll, even if small. Originally this ability in the Burmecians is a devastating critical blow that can destroy multiple enemies. Im just trying to find an ability or extra to add to make it more akin to the original, while not overpowering it too much.
- Other things you could add are racial feats and racial utility powers. I'll give some suggestions for that list later on. Marasmusine 02:55, 26 January 2012 (MST)
I am making some editorial changes to some of the story and other things that dont affect things you've already suggested and I will post more pictures as I can find them.
I made some edits, but now half the information thats on the draft doesnt show on the final screen. What did I screw up?
- Where you able to figure out where you messed up? I like the race BTW. -- Irykyl 10:01, 6 March 2012 (MST)