Talk:Erid (4e Race)
From D&D Wiki
This is looking good so far, but I have a few issues:
- I removed the Adaptability trait. If something is optional and provides a small bonus, then it is a feat.
- I'm not keen on daily racial powers. Find a way to make it an encounter power. You can use feats or racial utility powers to increase its power. As an example, see Ettercap (4e Race): Spider Bite is the encounter attack, but the Virulent Poison level 6 utility power gives it a "daily" type effect.
- Heightened Senses appears to effectively be a permanent +5 bonus to two skills. I suggest making it an encounter power, with something like "you make a perception or insight check using your Endurance skill modifier instead" which works in a similar way to some wizard cantrips.
- God's Hand will need an inherent attack bonus, since it doesn't use the weapon or implement keyword. Since it's vs. AC, this should be +4, tiered to +6 and +8. Also, no (save ends) on an encounter attack, make it "until the end of your next turn." Marasmusine (talk) 01:58, 4 October 2012 (MDT)
- Thank you for the suggestions, I'll get started on reworking these things shortly. Jigglypuff (talk) 15:47, 5 October 2012 (MDT)
- Alright, per your suggestions I created an Adaptability feat, modeled Elemental Storm after the Ettercap's Spider Bite + Virulent Poison combo, changed around Heightened Senses and added the attack bonus to God's Hand. I'll be adding some more things, so any more suggestions are welcome. Jigglypuff (talk) 16:38, 5 October 2012 (MDT)