Talk:Erid (4e Race)
From D&D Wiki
This is looking good so far, but I have a few issues:
- I removed the Adaptability trait. If something is optional and provides a small bonus, then it is a feat.
- I'm not keen on daily racial powers. Find a way to make it an encounter power. You can use feats or racial utility powers to increase its power. As an example, see Ettercap (4e Race): Spider Bite is the encounter attack, but the Virulent Poison level 6 utility power gives it a "daily" type effect.
- Heightened Senses appears to effectively be a permanent +5 bonus to two skills. I suggest making it an encounter power, with something like "you make a perception or insight check using your Endurance skill modifier instead" which works in a similar way to some wizard cantrips.
- God's Hand will need an inherent attack bonus, since it doesn't use the weapon or implement keyword. Since it's vs. AC, this should be +4, tiered to +6 and +8. Also, no (save ends) on an encounter attack, make it "until the end of your next turn." Marasmusine (talk) 01:58, 4 October 2012 (MDT)
- Thank you for the suggestions, I'll get started on reworking these things shortly. Jigglypuff (talk) 15:47, 5 October 2012 (MDT)
- Alright, per your suggestions I created an Adaptability feat, modeled Elemental Storm after the Ettercap's Spider Bite + Virulent Poison combo, changed around Heightened Senses and added the attack bonus to God's Hand. I'll be adding some more things, so any more suggestions are welcome. Jigglypuff (talk) 16:38, 5 October 2012 (MDT)
I've started to split off the incarnations to their own pages. Erid, Mystic (4e Race) is done, took the opportunity to do some rewording and mechanics fixes. Marasmusine (talk) 04:07, 12 July 2013 (MDT)